Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RidwanDrajad
What's DOS?
Views: 3,275
Message 21 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

I've followed the instructions above but my g moto does not start up but my LED is turn on every minutes, help me please Smiley Sad

Administrator
Administrator
Message 22 of 220

RidwanDrajad said:

I've followed the instructions above but my g moto does not start up but my LED is turn on every minutes, help me please Smiley Sad

View original

How are you charging your MOTO G?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
EdyL
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 220

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

FullyG said:

Just woke up to this problem this morning, phone wouldnt switch on or charge, having run down overnight. I held down the power button for about 3 minutes and it woke up again, with 0% charge, and started charging, working fine now. Worth a try if anyone has the same problem. Otherwise leaving it for 24 hours seems to work for some people. 

View original

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Hold the VOL DOWN key

2. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

3. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

4. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

5. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

6. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

View original

This somewhat did the trick for me. So my phone got drained (not the first time though), so I wanted to charge it via USB on my laptop. For a second there I heard the beep of Windows which detects new plugged in hardware, but after a few minutes, I heard the one where you remove hardware. Tried using my wallcharger, and still nothing. So I came in here, followed the above steps and when releasing the 2 keys, I saw the LED pulse a couple of times. Still wouldn't power on, so I figured the battery was empty. So left it 10 minutes to charge, and voila -- had my phone back.

Hope this helps someone.

user_lol
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 220

Sorry for my english.

Hi. I have similar problem. First was issue, when battery suddenly showed 0% (when i connected it to PC), but it was 70% before. I decide to calibrate it (discharge to 0% and charge to 100%). But when battery discharged to 0%, phone didn't turn on again(even after few hours charging). Now when i connect charger, LED indicator just blinks (lights on and off few times). And that's it. Does some one have same problem? I already did this:

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Hold the VOL DOWN key

2. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

3. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

4. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

5. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

6. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

View original

Delboy1
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 220

FullyG said:

Just woke up to this problem this morning, phone wouldnt switch on or charge, having run down overnight. I held down the power button for about 3 minutes and it woke up again, with 0% charge, and started charging, working fine now. Worth a try if anyone has the same problem. Otherwise leaving it for 24 hours seems to work for some people. 

View original

Ive had same problem.But thanks to Matt, we are up and running now. Lets hope a fix is issued soon.(The phone is uk supplied)

skytech
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 220

my phone got power down after battery drained, i kept charging for entire 8 hrs with 500mAh charger made in india, but today morning i try to switch on, it wont , i tried all the ways , when i removed battery and checking for its voltage it's about 2..6Volts and charge initially when you connect charger but once it reaches 2.8Volts it's charging is stopped , showing constatnt voltage 2.8V , can any one suggest me what to do to wake my phone up and running?

user_lol
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 220

skytech said:

my phone got power down after battery drained, i kept charging for entire 8 hrs with 500mAh charger made in india, but today morning i try to switch on, it wont , i tried all the ways , when i removed battery and checking for its voltage it's about 2..6Volts and charge initially when you connect charger but once it reaches 2.8Volts it's charging is stopped , showing constatnt voltage 2.8V , can any one suggest me what to do to wake my phone up and running?

View original

Hi. I had same problem. I didn't check voltage, but symptoms are pretty similar. Try to charge it with over 2A charger. I used belkin, but it looks like any from tablet will work. When battery charges to 4-5%, u can use your regular 500mA charger.

NorthenLight
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 220

My Moto G doesn't power back On, even when fully charged. ...I was told that it is defective and that I need a new replacement.

That's a real drag! How come Motorola is releasing defective phones? And why did it have to be me! And how many more Moto G till I get one fully working all the way! 

I'm not happy, not happy at all.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 29 of 220

Very sorry to hear about your problem.  Unfortunately, the best quality control can sometimes let through a defective unit.  Are you absolutely sure that the phone is charging? Are you charging it by computer or are you plugging it into an outlet in the wall? Whichever you're doing, have you tried the other way? Have you tried a different charger or a different cable to make sure that the problem is with the phone itself?

NorthenLight
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 220

My Moto G didn't come with a charger, only with a white USB cable (to charge from my PC).

* Found the solution to my problem! ...I need to get the screen ON first to Power it OFF. Then I can power it back On.

What I did before is I powered it Off from a black screen (phone off); then it was all screwed up, and would not power back On.

I would like to get a charger but they want $35 for it! ...Then another $25 for a protective screen, $45 for a back/front cover, $65 for a protective side  rubber cover, and $30 for a belt-pouch!  ....That's another $200 total! ...Same for what cost the phone! 

- Location (On/Off); what does it do? Do you need it On to receive and send calls?

- Wi-Fi; do you need it On to receive and send calls?

- GPS; where is that?

- Update Applications; do you need to download them?

<<<>>> I need a course to learn about my new smartphone (I know nothing - first one ever), and I pay-as-you-go (only use it for couple minutes per two months or so). ...Where can I learn more about all that stuff, ...a good link from the Internet?