Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KevinVG207
What's DOS?
Views: 532
Message 91 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

This appears to be a very common thing here, isn't it? It happened to me, and after big struggles my phone turned on again! It was a big relief!

Happened to me yesterday. I let the phone (Moto G 16gb)  get down to like 6%, turned it off, because I was at a party. Later at home, I plugged it into a charger.

After an hour or so, I pressed the power button, and it showed me a battery with 0% on it. That was the point I kinda got something was not right.

I plugged my phone into a different charger, maybe it was the charger's problem?

After half an hour, it still didn't charge a single %.

I was freaking out, I had this phone for a month now, and this never happened. I went online to see if there was a solution, and I noticed a LOT of people were having this problem.

I tried many solutions, but Matt's solution worked the best, well kinda.

I held the power/volume down buttons for over 2 minutes, the notification flashlight began to flash a couple times, then it stayed on, but the flash boot screen did not appear. I thought it might take a minute to startup, so after 2 minutes it was still black screen, with the notification light on.

I was afraid it didn't work, but I still pressed the vol up button. Maybe it will work???

Still nothing. I pressed the power button again, it showed me 0%. AGAIN.

I thought, i'll leave it till tomorrow, so I left it charging.

But 5 minutes later, I pressed the power button again, and it showed 4%! FINALLY it started charging again. And after more time, I tried holding the power button down for longer, and it started up!

Luckly it worked for me, but I feel sorry for people buying this phone, and  it doesn't work after a while. Just mess around, that appears to be the best solution.

-KevinVG

akky_aakash
What's DOS?
Message 92 of 220

Menemo1979 said:

my phone battery (Moto G global) decreased to 5% and then turn it off just to then charge the battery when I got home. when I connect my phone just turns on the white LED permanently. I'll show you the picture..

I made the recommended procedures to keep the power button pressed for 3 minutes or more, I have also made ​​the process of keeping the volume down button and the power button at the same time and nothing .I have it plugged into a wall charger (2amp) and continues with the LED on permanently.

I do not know what else to do.

View original

what next?? i had same problem. whats the solution??

thyesekker
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 220

akky_aakash said:

Menemo1979 said:

my phone battery (Moto G global) decreased to 5% and then turn it off just to then charge the battery when I got home. when I connect my phone just turns on the white LED permanently. I'll show you the picture..

I made the recommended procedures to keep the power button pressed for 3 minutes or more, I have also made ​​the process of keeping the volume down button and the power button at the same time and nothing .I have it plugged into a wall charger (2amp) and continues with the LED on permanently.

View original

View original

Yeah i too an having this problem. Phone has been dead for 3 days now

Menemo1979
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 220

continues with the same problem, does not work any routine with phone buttons

thyesekker
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 220

@Menemo1979 Have u found a solution yet?

KarthiRicky
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 220

Thanks Matt... i followed your instruction and it is working for me! 

Bryan1
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 220

Same issue tried all suggestions with no luck.

thyesekker said:

akky_aakash said:

Menemo1979 said:

View original

View original

Yeah i too an having this problem. Phone has been dead for 3 days now

View original

akky_aakash
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 220

igot replacement after use of 3 months from Motorola. whoever facing this problem go and get your moto g replaced because it ll not power up.
Bryan1
What's DOS?
Message 99 of 220

akky_aakash said:

igot replacement after use of 3 months from Motorola. whoever facing this problem go and get your moto g replaced because it ll not power up.View original

I am not sure this is an option for me I have had this phone since January.

samirviziks
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 220

Bryan said:

akky_aakash said:

igot replacement after use of 3 months from Motorola. whoever facing this problem go and get your moto g replaced because it ll not power up.View original

I am not sure this is an option for me I have had this phone since January.

And why not ?,  I believe the phone comes with 1year warranty, at least it does in India

View original