Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winterfall2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,698
Message 201 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

Winterfall said:

Similar experiences with both my wife's and my XT1039's. Both devices about 8 months old, started experiencing spontaneous restarts. Mine crashed first and was unable to progress past fastboot stage (unable to activate any menu selection apart from barcodes. Sent mine off for warranty service after Motorola online assistance exhausted every option. A month later my wife's locked up (sometime prior I performed clear cache routine and it seemed to be marginally better). Could not even get the boot screen, only indication was the glow of the white led when charger connected but never able to power up despite following all previous advice.  Both XT1039's now in warranty repair. Never had problems with previous phones like this. All points to a widespread production problem with this series (at least). Will update post if the devices are every repaired...

View original

update on above. My XT1039 returned from warranty repairs 9 wks after submitting original RMA. Repair comment was that pcb was replaced (this gives me no idea what the issue was). Anyways, I gave it a full charge and fired it up and its working like new. Now waiting for the wife's unit to be repaired...

AH31
What's DOS?
Message 202 of 220

Winterfall2 said:

Winterfall said:

Similar experiences with both my wife's and my XT1039's. Both devices about 8 months old, started experiencing spontaneous restarts. Mine crashed first and was unable to progress past fastboot stage (unable to activate any menu selection apart from barcodes. Sent mine off for warranty service after Motorola online assistance exhausted every option. A month later my wife's locked up (sometime prior I performed clear cache routine and it seemed to be marginally better). Could not even get the boot screen, only indication was the glow of the white led when charger connected but never able to power up despite following all previous advice.  Both XT1039's now in warranty repair. Never had problems with previous phones like this. All points to a widespread production problem with this series (at least). Will update post if the devices are every repaired...

View original

update on above. My XT1039 returned from warranty repairs 9 wks after submitting original RMA. Repair comment was that pcb was replaced (this gives me no idea what the issue was). Anyways, I gave it a full charge and fired it up and its working like new. Now waiting for the wife's unit to be repaired...

View original

I just submitted to get a replacement phone and send mine back after the batter went to 0% and stopped charging. Now it only shows the white led light when plugged in but does nothing. Did they actually repair your phone or did you get a new one?

Winterfall2
What's DOS?
Message 203 of 220

It was repaired, not replaced. So far so good.
Jezzika
What's DOS?
Message 204 of 220

does anybody know what might of caused this? I just had it happen to me like 5 minutes ago. Thanks to Matt (Forums Manager post.

Zuko
What's DOS?
Views: 1,547
Message 205 of 220

My phone goes to bootloop as soon as plugged charger (WAll or USB).

From boot menu, if i select any option other than Barcode, it goes to boot loop. Tried above trick but it still goes to boot loop from (Powered by Android screen).

First of all, if enough battery is not there, y is it trying to start by itself?

gerrysw11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,321
Message 206 of 220

I used your solution and got to the fastboot screen.

The menu for the the fastbook screen was fully functional.

Scrolling with the volume down button, selecting with the volume up button, works as expected.

However:

- normal bootup doesn't work - the screen goes blank

- recovery and factory report failure

with either

"failed to initialise partititon table" (words might not be exact)

"failed to obtain recovery image" (as above)

- displaying barcodes works

Two questions really:

- will the phone ever work again?

- can I obtain the information stored on it?

fir
What's DOS?
Views: 1,260
Message 207 of 220

the charging light is green but the moto g will not power up. what do i do? the service centre said mother board has crashed and i'd have to pay 12000/- with only one month guarantee. atleast they shoudl give a years. do they not have confidence in their product. also service centres are so few and that also in far away suburbs. no where townside.

@Nicole_Summers wrote:

Hey  Ksemeh Ksemeh,

that is a shame, sorry to hear that. Did the charging LED light up? Maybe it got deeply discharged and now needs about 30 min to 2 h to come alive again?

Let me know,

Cheers,

NIcole 

Highlighted
Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 1,242
Message 208 of 220

@fir wrote:

the charging light is green but the moto g will not power up. what do i do? the service centre said mother board has crashed and i'd have to pay 12000/- with only one month guarantee. atleast they shoudl give a years. do they not have confidence in their product. also service centres are so few and that also in far away suburbs. no where townside.

@Nicole_Summers wrote:

Hey  Ksemeh Ksemeh,

that is a shame, sorry to hear that. Did the charging LED light up? Maybe it got deeply discharged and now needs about 30 min to 2 h to come alive again?

Let me know,

Cheers,

NIcole 

Did you try this steps? http://lnv.gy/28JiEWO 

idogcow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,180
Message 209 of 220

I suspect battery in mine is toast. Had the spontaneous restarts, now despite hours on the charger nothing, not even after all the button combos mentioned here. 

Guess question now is replace battery or order 4th gen G. Either option will have to wait until back from holiday. Thank goodness my RAZR still works as backup phone!

pauldm2261
What's DOS?
Views: 886
Message 210 of 220

I tried all the other solutions, except removing the battery.  Then I plugged it into a USB port on my computer, held the power button down the light blinked, then let go.  pressed the power button and it started to charge.  It is running fine now.

Top Kudoed Authors