Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ksemeh
What's DOS?
Views: 94,131
Message 1 of 220

Moto G will not power up

I have received my Moto G 16G US version on Dec 19.  I tuned it on one time and checked to see if it was working.  It seemed fine, and I turned it off and wrapped up the box for Christmas gift to my daughter.  When she open it up and tried to power up, the Moto G will not come on.  There is no screen activity even when connected to the wall charger.  I tried several reset procedures posted on Motorola website, and nothing happened.  I am returing it to Motorola. 

Does anyone have a similar problem?

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 94,109
Message 2 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

Hey  Ksemeh Ksemeh,

that is a shame, sorry to hear that. Did the charging LED light up? Maybe it got deeply discharged and now needs about 30 min to 2 h to come alive again?

Let me know,

Cheers,

NIcole 

Ksemeh
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 220

Hi NIcole,

That was I thought originally.  So I tried with three different chargers up to two hours each and there is nothing indicating it was alive.  No LED lights of any sensor even with the charing unit plugged in.  I just retuned it to Motorola today.

MarkN1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 220

I bought 3 Moto G phones for Xmas; the first failed after two days (simply failed to recharge - no lights, nothing) and has gone back to Amazon; the second has just failed after 5 days - same problem. Looking around on the Web suggests this is a common problem, and bit of a fatal flaw for this otherwise excellent phone..

I'm wondering if it is Motorola's decision to ship without a charger that is the problem (they don't even sell one as a standalone product). Although their website says anything from 500-1500 mA is fine, I suspect my 850 mA charger (I have tried several but all at this output) just isn't up to the job. Will get a higher amperage one and report back.

Mark

MarkN1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 220

An update: after browsing on the Web I found the answer is to leave the phone unused for a day, then try recharging. This time the recharging light comes on and all is well. Simply using a higher amperage transformer won't kickstart a dead phone.

Obviously a major flaw with the battery... just be careful not to fully discharge before charging.

Mark 

Nav1
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 220

Hi Mark, Even i am facing same issue of phone not turning up even though it was plugged in to charge for entire day. I am yet to try out your option of not using it. But this can be a recurring issue and to not use for entire day... Its not a solution... This is disgusting...

pedro_yepez
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 220

hi, i buy the motorola g, worked well the first 3 days, but last night he stayed without battery and charging trailed off and it caught no more. that I can do? help. little excuse my English but I'm from Colombia

pedro_yepez
What's DOS?
Views: 94,108
Message 8 of 220

MarkN said:

An update: after browsing on the Web I found the answer is to leave the phone unused for a day, then try recharging. This time the recharging light comes on and all is well. Simply using a higher amperage transformer won't kickstart a dead phone.

Obviously a major flaw with the battery... just be careful not to fully discharge before charging.

Mark 

View original

Mark 

good night, he could fix your motorola. I have a similar problem. worked well the first 3 days but ran out of battery and now by and does nothing

ToasterTroy
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 220

Hi Guys! I am typically merely a lurker on most forums, but was so outraged by this (issue), that I felt I should join and share my story. I ordered two of these Moto Gs a few days ago (mind you, the f|_|cking check out process itself was painful). I've been a long time Android user, since the first G1 actually and am disappointed to report on my experience with the Moto G. .. . It goes like this: I decided to let my MotoG battery deplete itself, like I always do. However, this time the phone wouldn't take a charge or respond to any power source whatsoever.  I do this with all of my phones. While I'm not sure how much of an impact it has on 'training the battery' to accept full charges in the future, it definitely has a placebo effect on myself and that's worth something.

After letting my MotoG power down (an impressive 2.5 days with substantial use), it wouldn't respond to any power supply I threw at it.  I had 4 different wall chargers (including a mammoth one from a Vizio Android tablet), I tried the USB on my laptop (i5 vPro Lenovo Thinkpad) attempted all combinations of holding the power button for 18+ seconds,/20+ seconds,/plugging/unplugging the cable, etc. All of the tedious possibilities that would potentially warrant signs of life...and still NOTHING.

I wasn't willing to 'wait 24 hours and try again' like some suggested because, well 1. I have zero patience for shit like this 2. I was absolutely certain that I could revive the phone through trial and error and 3. I'm an instant gratification-type-of-guy. I decided that I was okay with breaking the factory warranty by removing the (DO NOT REMOVE THIS) battery. I did a little research and found that the screws holding the battery plate on were T4 Torx head screws and so I headed to Menards in hot pursuit of said T4 Torx head screwdriver...

Typically, when I'm in Menards I usually find myself salivating over air tools and senseless gas powered generators, which did happen this time as well, but I eventually stumbled on over the 'Christmas Clearance' section- You know, the random assortment of useless gifts such as: 3pc. beard trimmers, iLive bluetooth speakers and LED flash light sets. However, sifting through these meaningless gifts, What I did discover was a giant (5800maH) external battery/power supply to be used for various electronics. At this point, I am fully aware that this is purely wishful thinking & the chances of this working were remote. However, I BELIEVE in Jesus Christ and I also believe in resurrections. *does chest cross* --  Also, my inner-frugal self was able to justify this particular impulse purchase because not only was it on 'Clearance', it was only $14. And I figured if I can ever talk my wife into going camping, it might come in handy.

Oh, and I did purchase the Torx head screw driver set.

After some agressive-BMW-Asshole-driving, I arrived home and came directly inside to review and utilize my new purchases. After immediately discarding the instructions for the charging unit, I plugged in the wires and adapters components to the charging unit and connected it to my MotoG. . . What happens next, I can only compare to the time I smoked entirely too much weed and to this day,  swear I felt  unicorn tears dripping from the sky, and absorbing each impact as tiny explosions of orgasmic joy. - My MOTHERFUCKING MotoG had risen from the dead. It was alive. The moment the LED light came on, heavenly choirs appeared outside of my living room window.  The phone accepted and retained a 100% charge.

I can't guarantee this will work for you, but it did for me. It's worth a shot and you'll have a sweet, unnecessarily large back-up battery for... camping trips? Oh, And I suppose it'll come in handy for your lifeless MotoG. Good luck!

Oh - Feel free to follow me (on Twitter) for similarly miraculous electronic comeback stories and so much more.  It's real out here for those of us ballin' on a budget.

cheers,

te

Kavindu
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 220

@ToasterTroy - NIce story devil it will help most of our users who faced with the issue. 

I think whole point is to not to let you Moto G run down below 20 or 10 % battery Smiley Happy 

regards