Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeNads
What's DOS?
Views: 261
Message 101 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

I've tried the suggested answer here and wanted to point out a few things from my experience

1. If your LED indicator is blinking intermittantly when you plug the phone into wall charger, you are no ready to use this solution.  In my case I had to wait 10 hours with my phone sitting not connected to the charger.  Then when I plugged the wall charger in the LED indicator did not flash. This is when I tried the solution.

2. It's really hard to push those puny buttons for 3 minutes straight

3. Previous efforts to try the solution (e.g. when my LED indciator was still blinking) did not show the ""Normal Power-On"" option, only Recovery mode.  

4. After choosing Normal Power On my screen went blank black for 1-2 minutes and then the phone went through the normal start-up routine

5. Now, here is the weird thing, when I check my phone, it said it has 85% charge.  That's weird.  I got into this mess because it got below 10% 24 hours ago.  It didn't die, I didn't power off, I just plugged it into the charger and went to bed.  It's when I woke up this morning that it couldn't power up.  And when I went into Flash Boot screen it kept telling me I had a low battery.  This is really goofy.  The phone is in fact charging (up to 88% now.) I"m just gonna let it charge over night (my SIM is in another phone now...)

I love this phone, but am so disappointed in this issue.  I had recommended to a friend considering Nex5, but now for stability sake, and the huge pain in the ass to resolve this situation, can't recommend MotoG any more.  Worse, I had just bought MotoE for a customer case here (we need to source 50-200 simple Android Client devices with BT 4.0 LE)  now I can't rely on Moto E either.  Sucks.

jimford
What's DOS?
Message 102 of 220

I've just encountered this problem and am currently struggling to get the 'phone to take a charge.  I've tried the '2+ minute - press buttons trick' to no avail, so I'm just waiting with a dead 'phone, with the white LED showing and a white screen if I press the power-on button, showing 0% charge.

The batteries of consumer portable electrical appliances will go flat at some time and need re-charging. To have an appliance rendered unusable without having to resort an elaborate procedure - which may or may not work - to get it to start again, is completely unacceptable.

For me, this issue has taken my rating of the 'phone from 5 stars to 0 stars, and I couldn't possibly recommend the Moto G to anyone.

Potential purchasers should be warned that it is a beta product, that may or may not work at all times and may need research on the internet to find possible solutions, that may or may not work for your 'phone!

Shame on you Motorola !

Jim

RubberDuckzilla
What's DOS?
Message 103 of 220

I fix this on phone by taking the sim card out before charging and once u got some power u can replace it.
jimford
What's DOS?
Message 104 of 220

RubberDuckzilla said:

I fix this on phone by taking the sim card out before charging and once u got some power u can replace it.View original

Tried it - didn't work!

shltdlsturber
What's DOS?
Message 105 of 220

Bought my phone about 2 days ago, forgot to charge it and it ran out of battery. Plugged it in with the cord it came with and it wouldnt charge so I took it back to see if I could exchange it. Turns out it was the cord that came with the phone that was defective. Got a new cord and it works fine so check your cords and think about getting a new one if you've got no other option.
olly183
What's DOS?
Message 106 of 220

I had this issue, my solution was to get a more powerful charger, I was using a 1amp cigarette USB adapter which wouldn't supply enough to get the charging going, as soon as I changed over to a 2Amp USB adapter to started charging.

Olly

anchit1
What's DOS?
Message 107 of 220

dead for 1 day now..cmon!! i have tried literally everything..what i want is a replacement

pls tell how to go about it?i bought it thru flipkart like most others and this is not at all done Motorola

anchit1
What's DOS?
Message 108 of 220

it was going great but now this suddenly!feeling sick kindly reply soon

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 109 of 220

What have you tried so far? 
anchit1
What's DOS?
Message 110 of 220

Hi!

i have tried holding power button for 2+ mins,holding power + Down button for 2+ mins,plugging into different charger,connecting phone to pc through usb,tried them over and over again...i had left it for charging overnight but even after that and trying the works many times again but no solution!