Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annoyedirkedand
What's DOS?
Views: 816
Message 191 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

Just got off an hour with Motorola chat.  useless.  they say it's a hardware problem.  they offered to replace the phone...for $75, even though the defect is their fault. [Implied profanity removed] thieves.  I'm sorry we bought this phone.  Crappy phone, crappy service.

Implied profanity removed. Profanity whether implied or not is prohibited by our community rules. Edited by Mark (Forums Manager)

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 192 of 220

annoyedirkedandpissedoff said:

Just got off an hour with Motorola chat.  useless.  they say it's a hardware problem.  they offered to replace the phone...for $75, even though the defect is their fault.  [implied profanity removed]  thieves.  I'm sorry we bought this phone.  Crappy phone, crappy service.

View original

Hi I looked at your chat. When the phone battery is completely depleted the white light comes on in the speaker area. It will indicate it is charging but doesn't have enough charge to power up. Once it has attained enough charge to power up the light will go out. You can then power up the phone or let it continue charging.

It looks like you have a Moto G 4G LTE device but I see you mentioned in the chat it was a Moto E.

I saw you mentioned you are out of the country. Where are you currently?

Please respond back with any additional details. 

Mark
Former Employee
dejko78
What's DOS?
Message 193 of 220

What troubles me most is that Motorola didn't even respond to my requests (at least with we can't help you, even if the phone is under warranty and this is known issue). 

The fact is that I've tried everything suggested here and elsewhere and after two successful revivals nothing helps anymore. Only steady white LED is turned on while charger is connected and even leaving it charging for several days didn't make any difference.

So, the only viable option is to get the phone to service center and since there is none available in my country, I was even willing to send it to nearest repair center under my expenses (as long they would repair it under warranty). But even that seems to be too much of a hassle for Motorola as none of the emails were answered and all my questions ignored here on the forum. The phone is now stored in the closet waiting for, hmm, better Motorola customer service!? But one thing's for sure - not buying any more phones from Motorola (even Samsung has better customer support).
sklp06
What's DOS?
Message 194 of 220

I too am having the same problem with variation. My Moto G Second Gen discharged fully. It is not charging now. The battery icon on top right shows that it is charging, but the battery details in the Settings shows "not charging". It has been three days now. Have tried all suggestions to no avail. Sometimes it charges upto 5-10% and quickly discharges. 

Somebody help me.

Thanks.

annoyedirkedand
What's DOS?
Message 195 of 220

Congratulations, you've found the fatal flaw in Motorola phones.  This is a known defect and Motorola does NOTHING about it.  Nice phone when it works, but when it dies, suddenly and without warning, it's dead - assuming you were even able to get it to work out of the box.  

QA at Motorola is obviously $hitty.  As is customer service.  Rather than pay $75 to replace a phone that died less than a week into use, we just sent it back to Amazon.  I think if we filed a class action against Motorola to compensate for all the time of ours that it's wasted with its defective products, we could make a bundle. 

Gstuarts
What's DOS?
Message 196 of 220

I have the same problem with my Moto G XT1039.

About a month ago it started showing problems. First, it would not connect (or even find) mobile networks. The first time this happened I switched on and off the airplane mode and the problem was fixed. Then that solution stopped working and I just had to wait until it could find the networks again. I was having this issue at least once a day, which was very annoying.

One day it suddenly turned off. I thought it was odd because it had plenty of battery, but then I could never turn it back on. 

I tried everything I could find on the forums:

1) Holding the power button for 10-15 seconds, then for 2 minutes and 3 minutes (both with and without charger plugged)

2) Holding the Vol down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds, then for 2 minutes and 3 minutes (both with and without charger plugged)

3) Left it a few days alone and then tried 1 and 2

4) Left it a few days connected to the charger and then tried 1 and 2

The white LED turns on when the phone is connected to the charger, and it turns off when I unplug it. It never flashes. The phone does absolutely nothing.

I bought the phone in August, but because I bought it in another country, I can't claim the warranty. 

Is there anything else I can try??

dejko78
What's DOS?
Message 197 of 220

Gstuarts said:

I have the same problem with my Moto G XT1039.

About a month ago it started showing problems. First, it would not connect (or even find) mobile networks. The first time this happened I switched on and off the airplane mode and the problem was fixed. Then that solution stopped working and I just had to wait until it could find the networks again. I was having this issue at least once a day, which was very annoying.

One day it suddenly turned off. I thought it was odd because it had plenty of battery, but then I could never turn it back on. 

I tried everything I could find on the forums:

1) Holding the power button for 10-15 seconds, then for 2 minutes and 3 minutes (both with and without charger plugged)

2) Holding the Vol down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds, then for 2 minutes and 3 minutes (both with and without charger plugged)

3) Left it a few days alone and then tried 1 and 2

4) Left it a few days connected to the charger and then tried 1 and 2

The white LED turns on when the phone is connected to the charger, and it turns off when I unplug it. It never flashes. The phone does absolutely nothing.

I bought the phone in August, but because I bought it in another country, I can't claim the warranty. 

Is there anything else I can try??

View original

This basically sums up my problem, situation and solutions I've tried. I have also tried to contact Motorola many times, willing to pay for postage both ways so I can service the phone under warranty, but not a single reply was received :/

Winterfall
What's DOS?
Message 198 of 220

Similar experiences with both my wife's and my XT1039's. Both devices about 8 months old, started experiencing spontaneous restarts. Mine crashed first and was unable to progress past fastboot stage (unable to activate any menu selection apart from barcodes. Sent mine off for warranty service after Motorola online assistance exhausted every option. A month later my wife's locked up (sometime prior I performed clear cache routine and it seemed to be marginally better). Could not even get the boot screen, only indication was the glow of the white led when charger connected but never able to power up despite following all previous advice.  Both XT1039's now in warranty repair. Never had problems with previous phones like this. All points to a widespread production problem with this series (at least). Will update post if the devices are every repaired...

farhaduzzaman
What's DOS?
Message 199 of 220

some days ago i started experiencing spontaneous restarts and today morning it just stop to response then i see a black screen.nothing is working.i don't do anything with my phone.no root.no unlock.try sometime to do power+vol down method.nothing happened.now it just  the glow of the white led when charger connected.is my phone is dead?i used it just for 8 months.any solution?

farhaduzzaman
What's DOS?
Message 200 of 220

ohh thanks god.i just connect my phone into the charger for 8 hrs and its boom.ha ha its ok again.works fine now but i do a factory reset.i dont trust electronics junk 

Top Kudoed Authors