Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,253
Message 41 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

DrDiGiT said:

My moto g 8gb was turned off for two days and when I was turning it off it had about 30% of charge left. I usually charge it with a wall charger. 

Now I am trying to turn it on but it is not turning on. When I do the method of keeping the power button pressed for 120 seconds then all I see is that the led notificiation light turns on once and then a second time with a dull led. But the screen doesn't turn on. I have tried holding it for longer times too but the same thing happens yet it does not turn on. 

I tried giving it an all night charge but its still not turning on. I tried the method where you press the volume button down and the power button. The led notification light blinks about once in a while during that but whether I keep on holding it for 120 seconds or lesser . The problem remains the same.

Is there any other help? Is my moto dead? Or is there anything else I can try? I have left it in the wall charger for now. I have the original cable and wall charger as I prefer wall charging. I also tried sony wall chargers to see if any difference was made.

Only once when I put the moto g with an htc charger the led notification blinked a dim light but that was it. No difference after that. 

View original

After reading everything that you tried, I suggest you call or chat with Motorola for a possible replacement. You could try your carrier as well. In any event, I think that is the point you are at. Sorry.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

fairyfreak
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 220

I have used 3 different charges and it still said connect charger. I did manage to get it to turn on for twenty minutes then it died. This time when I plugged the charger in the battery symbol came up on the screen and it had a question mark in it and was flashing. Anyone else get this? Its on charge now and my phone has managed to turn on. I've went in to settings then battery and it keeps flashing 1% -charging (AC) -1% not charging.

Kamal2
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 220

fairyfreak said:

I have used 3 different charges and it still said connect charger. I did manage to get it to turn on for twenty minutes then it died. This time when I plugged the charger in the battery symbol came up on the screen and it had a question mark in it and was flashing. Anyone else get this? Its on charge now and my phone has managed to turn on. I've went in to settings then battery and it keeps flashing 1% -charging (AC) -1% not charging.

View original

i am having the same problem. I contacted customer care and ask me to hold down the power button down for 2 min and then i connect the charger. Surprized!!! Phone now was charging. I was happy. But soon my happiness flown away. same problem cam again. I did the same but now phone is not rebooting. on connecting the charger only LED light flashed up. but phone is not rebooting. SUCKS... google and Motorola.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 44 of 220

Kamal said:

fairyfreak said:

View original

i am having the same problem. I contacted customer care and ask me to hold down the power button down for 2 min and then i connect the charger. Surprized!!! Phone now was charging. I was happy. But soon my happiness flown away. same problem cam again. I did the same but now phone is not rebooting. on connecting the charger only LED light flashed up. but phone is not rebooting. SUCKS... google and Motorola.

View original

You should call or chat with Moto support about getting the phone repaired. There is obviously something wrong with it and you shouldn't have to deal with a dead phone. That would be what I would do. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Marbenny
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 220

Infelizmente, comprei meu MOTO G e mim encontro profundamente arrependida, se eu soubesce que a MOTOROLA nao tinha um pouco de consideracao com seus usuarios, Eu jamais teria comprado, pior e voce saber que comprou um celular que te custou 800,00 reais e apos 1 mes e meio de uso ele nao da sinal de vida nenhum, e a ultima vez que deu, ele estava todo carregado apagou do nada e quando liguei o mostrador de bateria mostrava que ela estava com 1% de carga e voltou a se desligar novamente sem ligar mesmo tentado tudo quanto a MOTOROLA nos orienta a fazer!!

Resumindo tudo oque sinto: Estou Indignada com tudo isso!!! 

nitin_palmure
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 220

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

FullyG said:

Just woke up to this problem this morning, phone wouldn't switch on or charge, having run down overnight. I held down the power button for about 3 minutes and it woke up again, with 0% charge, and started charging, working fine now. Worth a try if anyone has the same problem. Otherwise leaving it for 24 hours seems to work for some people. 

View original

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

Thanks.

View original

This solution does work. Even I have faced similar problem and when followed above steps I was able to get white screen with battery indicator in it. I let mobile charge for few minutes and it started by itself.

What a relief.. its been less than 24 hours when I got delivery of this hand set.

Nitin V Palmure

Saur
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 220

I faced the same issue and was able to fix it using Max advice. Thankyou Nitin & Max. 

Cheers

Saur

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

FullyG said:

Just woke up to this problem this morning, phone wouldn't switch on or charge, having run down overnight. I held down the power button for about 3 minutes and it woke up again, with 0% charge, and started charging, working fine now. Worth a try if anyone has the same problem. Otherwise leaving it for 24 hours seems to work for some people. 

View original

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

Thanks.

View original

Thyt
What's DOS?
Views: 1,252
Message 48 of 220

Hi Matt,

i faced the same problem with my Moto G 16gb . i have tried your steps here, but after several tries my phone still wont boot up, stuck in green M logo.

what should i do? should i keep it charge the battery until 100% ? or drain it till 0 then charge it back?

please help, any adivse is really appreciated. i need to use this phone.

thank you.

Thyt

Hi All,

fiiiuuhh.... after several tries, finally my phone back to home screen again, but now it keeps flickering in my home screen, until i decide to disable my themes application, clear data, clear cache, and force stop. now i'm running the application again, hopefully everything back to normal.

thank you.

Thyt

Sevn
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 220

Hi , hope i could get some answers on my current issue,

So what happen was, i left my Moto G charging,  slept woke up, found out that it was turned off, powered up it just Hanged on the Motorola logo,

i tried to do normal recovery or factory it just didnt proceed further, after pressing the volume up key, it goes to the motorola Logo and stays there , either i would see a dark grey screen(meaning its still on) or the logo. Drained it to zero batt and charged and did the same thing still it didnt help

any other ideas i could run through?, probally take it to the service center next week, got the phone less then 2 months

Chan4u
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 220

Just connect ur pohne to a laptop through data cable.Everything it takes care it will automatically turns on within 20 to 30 mins