Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sevn
What's DOS?
Views: 915
Message 51 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

Hi, 

Tried it, it didnt work, lol, getting it charged again. i think the battery is dead, . same situation , screen is just dark while charged.

Jones555
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 220

Hey Can any body tell me why Moto G won't start up .. What is the problem with the device. 

jbart_one
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 220

1.) My Moto G battery went to zero last night.

2.) Even after being on the charger all night, it wouldn't "wake up" this morning.

3.) This has happened in the past, and after putting it back on a charger and some random pressings of the power button for several seconds (ten or so) the boot screen reappeared.

4.) However, in these situations, the phone's battery was still at only a few percent charge and needed to go through a full recharge cycle.

5.) Today, as mentioned, it simply would not respond.

6.) Forum manager Matt's solution seemed promising.  I did the "120 sec press pwr + vol down, release, then press vol up" operation.  Maybe I waited too long to press the vol up -- STILL no joy.

7.) Okay, I'll move to another part of the house that has an accurate-to-the-second timer, hold for exactly 120, then go immediately to vol up, and maybe that will work. 

8.) That requires moving the charger to another outlet.  Unplugged the charger, and wham!  The boot screen appeared!!  AT LAST!

9.) Does the fault lie in the fact that Li-ion batteries can't tolerate the full discharge thing?  If so, why don't the phone manufacturers either build in a safeguard, or at the VERY LEAST, make the risks KNOWN to customers??

10.) My previous phone was an Apple iPhone 4, which likewise has a Li-ion battery, and this problem never besets that brand.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 54 of 220

Hey jbart_one,

Seems like the message to not let your phone discharge completely should be more out there, as you say. I'll let the Forum manager know. 

Cheers,

Nicole

Andrea10
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 220

I forgot to charge the moto g, and today it didn't power on, it doesn't even blink, of course I charged it but it doesn't make any difference, I'll later try the trick recommended, but if I don't succeed I'll send it to amazon.

When will this issue be sorted out by motorola ?

Jones555
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 220

I have same problem with this phone
in case if you are not able to start the phone and also there is no led light coming up... then just leave the phone for 24 hours without touching without pressing any button ..or do not even charge the phone in these 24 hours ... after that start the phone then led will blink up 3 times and then immediately put the phone on charge...

this happens with my phone thrice then I replace it.... I got a new phone and my new phone don't have any problem at all.
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 57 of 220

Hey, 

24 hours is very long. Try pressing down the power button for 2 minutes, but have it charging for an hour beforehand to make sure it has enough battery. If that didn't work then it was likely either a weak charger or a defective phone.

Glad your new phone doesn't show this behaviour.

Cheers,

Nicole

wangvinh
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 220

My experience: 

My Moto G battery is 0% and shutdown. Charged for a night but can not power up.

Use the charger  at least 1000mA, plug in for 15 minutes. Press the VOL DOWN + POWER until the led light. The phone recoveries and shows charging 0%. It boosts when battery is 2%.

Charing 500mA, 800mA don't work with this solution. I have tried.

Good luck.laugh

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 59 of 220

wangvinh said:

My experience: 

My Moto G battery is 0% and shutdown. Charged for a night but can not power up.

Use the charger  at least 1000mA, plug in for 15 minutes. Press the VOL DOWN + POWER until the led light. The phone recoveries and shows charging 0%. It boosts when battery is 2%.

Charing 500mA, 800mA don't work with this solution. I have tried.

Good luck.laugh

View original

Have you tried this:  Hold the volume down button down and then press the power button. Hold this combination for a minimum of 2 minutes. Time yourself with a clock to verify that you hold it down for the entire 2 minutes even if you see things happening on the phone. Now try to boot the phone again and start charging it as well. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

newMotoG
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 220

Hi, I faced similar issue. I kept it for charging after doing vol down + power key press and then normal start. Now the phone is showing Moto blue logo screen and nothign else is happening. It is still on charger.. Do I continue charging and hope that it will come to life on its own or am I missing out on something.