Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Views: 523
Message 61 of 219

Re: Moto G will not power up

Hi,

I got a Moto G for my mom two days back in India (the dual sim one).  I used the phone to check if its working and charged it full and switched it off to gift it to her.  When I generally wanted to switch it on today, it wouldn't turn on and turns out the battery is 0% (dunno how this happened as I quite remember putting it in aeroplane mode before switching off, so even if it was on battery shouldn't have discharged).  Then despite me trying to charge it and press power button it didn't turn on.  After 2-3 hours, I tried charging it and switching and then got a white screen with 0%.. After 10-15 mins it went to 6% and then I was able to turn it on.  I had earlier gifted another moto G bought in the US to a friend which used to drop signal to 1% and yet work for hours.  I read these problems exist everywhere but I was irritated at the new phone that wouldn't turn on.  I have requested flipkart the seller for a replacement device.  Anyone else from India have this issue?  And is the phone faulty?

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 219

Also I must add, I had connected the phone to a windows 8 pc before I turned it off the first time.  The phone was in MTP mode. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 63 of 219

Aravind21 said:

Hi,

I got a Moto G for my mom two days back in India (the dual sim one).  I used the phone to check if its working and charged it full and switched it off to gift it to her.  When I generally wanted to switch it on today, it wouldn't turn on and turns out the battery is 0% (dunno how this happened as I quite remember putting it in aeroplane mode before switching off, so even if it was on battery shouldn't have discharged).  Then despite me trying to charge it and press power button it didn't turn on.  After 2-3 hours, I tried charging it and switching and then got a white screen with 0%.. After 10-15 mins it went to 6% and then I was able to turn it on.  I had earlier gifted another moto G bought in the US to a friend which used to drop signal to 1% and yet work for hours.  I read these problems exist everywhere but I was irritated at the new phone that wouldn't turn on.  I have requested flipkart the seller for a replacement device.  Anyone else from India have this issue?  And is the phone faulty?

View original

Have you tried this recommendation?

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

Thanks.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 64 of 219

Hi,

As I had stated earlier, I was able to reboot the phone.  And charged it to full using wall charger.  But soon after, the battery dropped from 98% to 90% in half an hour without me touching the phone and I have no clue what so ever why this happened.  Then it was sort of ok during the night.  I still have the 171.xx.xx version of kitkat in my Indian phone.  Any help on this strange battery issues would be great.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 65 of 219

Aravind21 said:

Hi,

As I had stated earlier, I was able to reboot the phone.  And charged it to full using wall charger.  But soon after, the battery dropped from 98% to 90% in half an hour without me touching the phone and I have no clue what so ever why this happened.  Then it was sort of ok during the night.  I still have the 171.xx.xx version of kitkat in my Indian phone.  Any help on this strange battery issues would be great.

View original

I, again, will ask if you tried the process I presented to you in my previous comment? That is a process that has been known to help with your problem.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 66 of 219

I have not tried the process but I think I did something similar if not exact.. I charged it, the led light was on, then tried holding it and it showed 0% charging and then turned on.... I'll try it again...

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 219

Dear Joelbon,

As I am typing this the phone battery is going crazy. My phone had a battery of 75% when I put it on aeroplane mode. I turned it on and did some Wi-Fi update of google/moto apps. Then the battery was around 70%. I put it in aeroplane mode and kept it aside to check if it is working. Then, without any reason within 30 minutes the battery has come to 5% with low battery warnings and severe heating of phone. Now, I've turned it off and kept it with no hopes of it powering on must I want to. The phone is merely 4 days old and has hardly lasted a day (two times I charged battery it drained within minutes). What must I do (apart from requesting for replacement).
Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 68 of 219

This time I did try your suggestion.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 69 of 219

Aravind21 said:

This time I did try your suggestion.

View original

I think at this time that is what I would recommend is a replacement. Have you done an FDR (Factory Data Reset)? If you haven't then Here's a Link to show you how to do it. I suggest using the external method. Please let me know if it helps.

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 219

I have tried the software factory reset twice (not the hard reset) and still problem persisted... And I have requested for a replacement and I'm getting the same.. Hoping the new device is not as faulty as this.

Top Kudoed Authors