Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 549
Message 71 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

Aravind21 said:

I have tried the software factory reset twice (not the hard reset) and still problem persisted... And I have requested for a replacement and I'm getting the same.. Hoping the new device is not as faulty as this.

View original

Good luck and I hope the same for the new phone. My fingers are crossed that you get the perfect device.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 220

Thank You for all your help.  I will update on the new device as soon as I get it.

zirtec
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 220

Aravind21 said:

Also I must add, I had connected the phone to a windows 8 pc before I turned it off the first time.  The phone was in MTP mode. 

View original

Same here, battery drained after I turned the phone to MTP mode, without even actually connecting to a computer. Turned it back to PTP.

> Settings > Storage > triple dot icon top right > USB connection > PTP

Saurav4
What's DOS?
Message 74 of 220

I am having a same problem and i have tried all of these solution... Its still not working ... plz if anybody has any solution.. Plz tell me??

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 75 of 220

Hey all,

An update to this here from a Motorola engineer. It's not dangerous by the way, just annoying. 

Cheers,

Nicole

SamKl
What's DOS?
Message 76 of 220

I will add my frustration to this problem and a POSSIBLE fix.  I do want to add I had that  comepletely dead phone thing (no white LED light, no 0% charging screen, nothing). 

Holding the power button down with the volume down button DID work after it had been plugged in with the original charger, for 15 minutes.  

I have learned twice not to let my battery go to 7% as it will immediately shut off and seems to take forever to recharge enough to turn back on.    I have purchased a powerful battery back from Amazon that seemed to alleviate this part of the problem.  Think of it like an instant  "jump start" for phone battery.    The cost was $13 and I can fully charge (0 to 100) my Moto G in an hour.   It will recharge it twice more (albeit more slowly) from a single charge of this external battery.   It's heavy like a phone but well worth it and serves as a great flashlight.   If the link below does not work, the product is:

KMAX-812 4400mAh Rechargeable Backup External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank w/built-in 2.5Watt LED Torch Flashlight

With this battery back (if its charged up) I can immediately turn on my Moto G when its DOA.  Regular old electric wall charger does not do as well!   Ugh!   Hope this helps someone.

http://www.amazon.com/KMAX-812-4400mAh-Rechargeable-External-Flashlight/dp/B00GRQ8AQM/ref=sr_1_11?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1401302501&sr=1-11&keywords=kmashi

Juzer521
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 220

yesterday while using the mobile normally with battery more than 50% suddenly the screen faded out. After that there is no activity on the device. I have put it on charge  for more than 4-5 hours, nothing. I notice the LED white light blinks once when I connect it to the charger. I can't turn it on. What to do?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 78 of 220

Juzer521 said:

yesterday while using the mobile normally with battery more than 50% suddenly the screen faded out. After that there is no activity on the device. I have put it on charge  for more than 4-5 hours, nothing. I notice the LED white light blinks once when I connect it to the charger. I can't turn it on. What to do?

View original

These instructions come from Matt, the Forum Manager.  Let us know if it works for you.

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

Adelmo_Miranda
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 220

I got my replacement immediately after a day of asking for replacement.  The replacement one has been working fine with no glitches or issues in the battery. 

MMM1
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 220

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

FullyG said:

Just woke up to this problem this morning, phone wouldn't switch on or charge, having run down overnight. I held down the power button for about 3 minutes and it woke up again, with 0% charge, and started charging, working fine now. Worth a try if anyone has the same problem. Otherwise leaving it for 24 hours seems to work for some people. 

View original

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

Thanks.

View original

Did not worked with my phone. Smiley Sad

Top Kudoed Authors