Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Menemo1979
What's DOS?
Views: 667
Message 81 of 220

Re: Moto G will not power up

my phone battery (Moto G global) decreased to 5% and then turn it off just to then charge the battery when I got home. when I connect my phone just turns on the white LED permanently. I'll show you the picture..

I made the recommended procedures to keep the power button pressed for 3 minutes or more, I have also made ​​the process of keeping the volume down button and the power button at the same time and nothing .I have it plugged into a wall charger (2amp) and continues with the LED on permanently.

I do not know what else to do.

K80L80
What's DOS?
Message 82 of 220

This just happened to me today. My phone died and I spent many hours trying to charge it. After holding down the buttons till my fingers retained a demented claw formation and had button imprints in the tips from holding so hard, it finally entered into recovery. I didnt have time to make a choice before it ran out of battery (even though it was plugged in) and it shut down. Luckily it came back, well kind of. It just showed the little android guy with his stomach open with the words " No Command". I yelled commands at my phone, " CHARGE!" it did not listen. "TURN ON!" it didnt even flinch. Nothing I said made a difference. Claw formation still handy, I placed it in my grasp. Alas! It comes to life! Im scared to let my phone die now. Is there a fix for this yet? What is the issue?

onlyzanna
What's DOS?
Message 83 of 220

motorola 8gb, same problem, motorola died and when I press the power button the phone show a 0% (and the notification led turn on).

Please solve this problem!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 84 of 220

onlyzanna said:

motorola 8gb, same problem, motorola died and when I press the power button the phone show a 0% (and the notification led turn on).

Please solve this problem!

View original

Have you been able to power the phone on yet?  If not, did you try the steps in the post by Matt, a forum manager, marked as the best answer with a green check mark?

DrakkenZero
What's DOS?
Message 85 of 220

I'm having the same issue as Menemo1979 and others.  Phone was plugged into a charger, but apparently not a 2 amp charger, and I'm guessing it ran totally out of power.  Since then, I have tried a few dozen chargers, USB cables, and every other permutation that I can think of but I cannot get it to come back on.  When I plug it in I get the White LED (which is odd, since I didn't have my LED enabled) and that stays on for anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of hours before going off with nobody touching the phone.

I've tried the official approved method listed here - holding the Volume Down and Power in for 2+, 3+, even 10+ minutes.  The display never comes back on - no Android guy, no 0% battery, no boot options.  I also left it on a verified-good normal charger for nearly 48 hours.

My fingers hurt and I have "claw hand" from trying this so many times.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

Goraw
What's DOS?
Message 86 of 220

Hi

I too faced a similar problem after 2 months of buying my Moto G. it was over 50% charge & I put it on charging as I had to go out for a long day & I knew I wouldn't get to charge anywhere, but when I checked in a while I saw phone restarting & showing a low battery with 1% charge.... n the battery symbol would simply not show charging.... tats when I tried just took the phone & went out to se what other new things will I discover... N I read through this forum to find out that there are many of us facing this problem... There was no difference until night except that the phone did not drain out and I kept receiving all the communication throughout the day. I kept it on charging overnight till morning to try out one of the solutions mentioned here... and luckily it got back to normal... the phone worked fine throughout the day yesterday... but at night when I put it on charging it kind of showed loose connection of the charger & just wouldn't charge until I kept it in one particular position.... and this is the original Motorola charger... also the phone charges very slow...

Anybody having the discharge error problem can try to charge it overnight... Hopefully there will be a solution to this problem & no repeat of it.

Goraw

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

FullyG said:

Just woke up to this problem this morning, phone wouldn't switch on or charge, having run down overnight. I held down the power button for about 3 minutes and it woke up again, with 0% charge, and started charging, working fine now. Worth a try if anyone has the same problem. Otherwise leaving it for 24 hours seems to work for some people. 

View original

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

Thanks.

View original

giggles
What's DOS?
Message 87 of 220

I already had battery problem now today suddenly  phone restarting. I've tried all listed above but it still isn't working. The  flash boot screen shows but whatever option I use it reboots continually and seems to be heated up, of course post kit kat update. I ought to get refund. Tolerated long

giggles
What's DOS?
Message 88 of 220

@sevn if your issue is solved please help me. I'm darn tired talking to Motorola guys India.
Same thing happening. It M logo appears and all stuff about flash boot doesn't work.
It's frustrating wonder if Moto e or Moto X getting same problems. I feel cheated. Customercare says few sets of only Moto g facing problems. Why those few don't get refund?
Goraw
What's DOS?
Message 89 of 220

Hi giggles, I too faced the battery problem... but luckily it got back to normal after I kept the phone charging overnight..... but I seem to have discovered a new problem.... the charger has blown off... it just doesn't charge... its just 2.5months old... N now I have to search for a service point and check whether it was the problem of the charger... but try charging your phone overnight... else write a mail to Motorola.

giggles
What's DOS?
Message 90 of 220

@goraw I've tried overnight aswell. Why don't everybody facing problems with Motog rebel and ask refund. I've sent it to authorized service centre now and they have to say it's s motherboard problem from the start of 30 day's when I faced issue. Why keep handset and cause inconvenience why not replace altogether?