Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HBO
What's DOS?
Views: 519
Message 1 of 7

Moto Repair will not honor warranty replacement

Worst customer service experience with Motorola for warranty exchange. Good luck if you are signed up and try to do a warranty replacement for your phones.

12/28/2014 Moto G having issues with heating up extensively and battery not sustaining a charge after 6 months usage. I opened a case with Moto Care (case id 141231-006083). Motorola identified it as hardware issue and RMA'd under above case # and asked me to send defective hardware to them to be replaced under warranty. Promised me that turnaround time is 4 business days from the time they receive the phone.

12/29/2014 I send the phone right away on 12/29 since it was express next day shipping label sent by Motorola.

12/31/2014 Moto Care sends me an email that they have received the defective phone and they should be able to send me a replacement phone within 4 business days.

1/8/2015 Having had no updates from Moto Care I decide to call them up on 1/8/2015. I understand there was a holiday Jan 1st and considering the weekend of Jan 3rd/4th I decide to follow up on 1/8/2015 giving them some buffer time. After waiting for 50 minutes on the phone with Moto Care representative and them finally understanding what is going on with my case, I get transferred to Motorola Repair Services where I have to explain the whole situation to a repair services expert. He apologizes about the problem I'm facing and tells me that they do not have any Moto G's on hand for warranty replacement. He assures me an upgrade to Moto X which will be shipped out the next day.

1/9/2015 I call back to check if a phone was indeed shipped out. After holding for about an hour and going through case notes, Moto Care representative transfers me to Moto Repair services again. This time the moto repair services rep I talk to informs me that they do not have any Moto X in stock either and they can send me a developer edition of Moto phone that might work with my service. Excuse me?? He cancels the existing RMA and creates a new one with another shipping label telling me that i do not have to send anything as they already received my phone but it was essential to create a new RMA as they did not have any phones on hand.

1/10/2015 Having not heard anything further from Motorola, I request my carrier T-Mobile to step in and assist as they are the ones who advised me to open a case with Moto care and request a replacement under warranty. T-Mobile informs me that they cannot help in this case as the phone is currently with Motorola. I don't understand, why the heck did they ask me to open a case with Moto Care if they could've helped me with replacement phone in the first place. T-Mobile informs me that if I was to send them the same Moto G phone with Serial/MEID # they can possibly send me a replacement .. SMH

1/12/2015 I follow up with Motorola again, this time talking to another Mot

orola Repair services rep after two hours of hold time, and this time around they commit to another date of Friday Jan 16th by which I should receive a phone. Not sure what phone but "a phone".

1/18/2015 Jan 18 passes by and no phone received so far. I decide to call again to customer service and on hold for another hour. Lesson learned, if you plan to call Motorola repair services make sure you block out 2 hours of your day to deal with customer support with no resolution whatsoever.

1/20/2015 Finally receive a phone from Motorola Repair (doing a happy dance) only to find out they sent one for a different wireless provider. Cannot use the phone as it's locked to that wireless provider. Call Moto Care and inform them of the same after an hour wait on the phone and them finally understanding what's going on. They create another RMA # 150121-010401 and ask me to ship back phone for another carrier.

1/23/2015 They receive the replacement phone back in their warehouse and inform me that my original phone that was sent for repair was locked to a service provider. WHAAAAT, it was an unlocked phone? I dont have that phone anymore to verify the IMEI and when I request for the original phone to be sent back, Moto Care cannot do that anymore. Now i am totally frustrated and furious but there is nothing I can do. I am totally at the mercy of Moto Care and their repair services team who's been of no help so far.

1/27/2015 its been about a month now and I've been with no phone and empty promises for a replacement. So much for their "4 business days" turnaround time. Please think about buying Moto phones in case you want to do a warranty replacement ever. It has been a NIGHTMARE!!

Surmisation
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto Repair will not honor warranty replacement

Sucks dude. I've had RMA issues with an Asus laptop once. It took 3 months, 4 RMAs, and at least 20 hours on the phone with different reps. The laptop was a client's machine. I ultimately gifted them about $500 of free technical visits.

To this day, the name ASUS makes me cringe.

Hope you get some resolution from a Moto rep crawling these forums.
Bump
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Is the IMEI in your forum profile correct? Which model G did you buy originally and where did you buy it? Was it sold from Motorola as unlocked device, or was it a phone that had an unlock code applied.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
nirmalbalaji
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

You are having more than a nightmare. One month and still nothing!!

unhappycustome1
What's DOS?
Views: 289
Message 5 of 7

2/2/19 Motorola is refusing to replace a Moto X4 I purchased 6 weeks ago that has stopped charging and can't be repaired.  Have offered me a used, refurbished phone that is "like new."  I repeat, the phone was purchased new 6 weeks ago. Is Motorola always this sleazy?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 281
Message 6 of 7

@unhappycustome1 wrote:

2/2/19 Motorola is refusing to replace a Moto X4 I purchased 6 weeks ago that has stopped charging and can't be repaired.  Have offered me a used, refurbished phone that is "like new."  I repeat, the phone was purchased new 6 weeks ago. Is Motorola always this sleazy?

Your retailer may have a different exchange policy. Motorola will repair or replace. Replacement may be refurbished. This is how most manufacturers work if you read the details.

All refurbished replacements i have received from manufacturer or carrier, have always looked brand new. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Highlighted
unhappycustome1
What's DOS?
Views: 275
Message 7 of 7

Not true.  My 'retailer' was Motorola's website, so I purchased the phone directly from Motorola 6 weeks ago.  And yet, they want to give me a used refurbished phone.  I could have bought a used, refurbished phone from Amazon for a lot less money.  Motorola does not stand behind its phones!