Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_satish
What's DOS?
Views: 11,224
Message 1 of 21

MotoG dialing by itself

So far it has happened  6 times. My contacts have called me to say that I have called them and not spoken to them. And i can see the call log showing the same. 

live2skico
802.11n
Views: 11,123
Message 2 of 21

Re: MotoG dialing by itself

is your phone in your pocket when this happens? add a screen lock to prevent accidental access.

Michel5
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 21

Hi!

I'm having the same issue. Did you resolve yours? My Moto G is just laying on the table at night and starts calling....

Regards,

Michel

rjdon
HDMI
Message 4 of 21

i am also facing this issue sometimes, but frequency is very less.. (1-2 times a week)

Generally happening after completing a call, automatically a random contact is dialed up. (Few time i disconnected the unwanted call but again its repeating again and again 2-3 times atmost)

rJ...
Katie_Harmer
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 21

Same problem here. I thought it was an accidental touch of the power button, but maybe not. Using a screen lock certainly solved the problem for me. 

Dr_Zed
Token Ring
Message 6 of 21

It's the ghost of Paul V. Galvin

The phones haunted.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 21

I have had similar problems in the past like these. I bought an app on the Play Store called Not Call Log Classic. There is also a free version of the app as well.

What it does is to bring you to your homescreen when a call ends. This way there can be no accidental touches of the phone while in the call log. That is where you are returned after a call ends.

Another reason this will sometimes happen is if you aren't using a Motorola cable and charger when you are charging the phone. I have seen this many many times. It is worth the hassle of making sure you have an OEM cable and charger for your Motorola device. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

GuiltyBreak
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 21

joelbon said:

I have had similar problems in the past like these. I bought an app on the Play Store called Not Call Log Classic. There is also a free version of the app as well.

What it does is to bring you to your homescreen when a call ends. This way there can be no accidental touches of the phone while in the call log. That is where you are returned after a call ends.

Another reason this will sometimes happen is if you aren't using a Motorola cable and charger when you are charging the phone. I have seen this many many times. It is worth the hassle of making sure you have an OEM cable and charger for your Motorola device. Hope this helps.

View original

Thanks for sharing this. Is this a bug with the Kit Kat version? My grand mother is a Moto G owner and she has been complaining about this issue. I have been trying to figure out what is causing it. I will ask about the charger she is using but the auto dialing is happening after ending a call most of the time. Sometimes it happens just scrolling through G+. So far to keep the phone from doing it again is to delete all call history from log as it seems to pick a contact from recents.

Bluescam
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 21

I have the same problem. I would like the phone to require a manual pressing of the dial icon before dialing. This has bitten me numerous times just looking through my contacts.

ankurjain093
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 21

Consider putting up a security or lock ...

You can go to settings -> apps -> all -> dialer -> clear data ..

Note* it might erase call logs