Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 181 (21,468 Views)

No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

Did a OTA upgrade from 21.11.56.peregrine_reteu.reteuall.en.EU to Lollipop. And since then I cant recieve any incoming calls. Caller gets "the number you have dialed cannot be reached at the moment..."

I only know someone called me because of the text messages I get saying that (someone) tried to call you at xx.xx am/pm

No problems with outgoing calls.. however, sometimes, if I'm using the phone so the screen is on I can get incoming calls..

Phone (Moto G LTE, XT1039) is completely stock, no mods, no nothing.. 

Suggestions anyone?

LvP
802.11n
Message 2 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Re: No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

​Have you tried:
1. rebooting the phone
​2. removing and replacing the SIM
3. Safe mode?
Safe mode is in which only inbuilt apps will work. So if the problem is due
to any external app (downloaded later) is interfering with the phone, then
the phone will work perfectly in Safe mode. Thus you know that the problem
is due to an app not phone/update.
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Yes, phone is restarted, cache cleared...

Now this morning alarm went on with the result that phone got unresponsive! could not turn alarm off. it just went on for ever!

Did a factory reset - now the phone is absolutely useless, black screen, only thing i can do is turn it off!

More or less bricked... Have to go buy a new phone I guess.. 

802.11n
Message 4 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried using recovery mode?

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Ok listen.. after another day of censored language... I got it "working" again. Still call issues though.

Day 1 - Installed OTA 5.1 update from 21.11.56.peregrine_reteu.reteuall.en.EU - everything worked fine.

Day 2 - Incoming calls got "the number you have reached cannot be reached at the moment" answer.. No other issues.

Day 3 - (today) Alarm woke me up, as supposed to, but I could not turn alarm off.. Just kept going. Black screen only.

Forced restart - alarm kept going.  turned it off and restarted - black screen, no alarm.

From boot mode - wipe data/factory reset, and reboot - no change, phone just did a reboot.

did the same thing for 4-5 times until - phone actually did a factory reset!  problem still there though. Incoming calls do not work!

and to be clear, it is a full stock recovery, no extra apps, just plain lollipop recovery! Nothing else is there.

And later today I noticed, or should I say tried this - call to my phone results in "the number you have dialed can not..." but if I make a secondary call to my phone right after it works - call comes through.

This is the situation right now.. Ideas anyone?

802.11n
Message 6 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Hi

There is a chance that this might be a SIM related problem.

Are you able to try another SIM in your phone or try your SIM in another phone?

Try removing the SIM and give it a light clean.

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Of course I have tried it in another phone. My phone is unusable after lollipop update! So SIM is in another phone now and works great.

My moto worked without a flaw before update to 5.1

5.1 update is the problem. Motorola killed my phone! 

Sorry, but, yes I'm a bit upset... wish someone from Motorola actually read this post.

Edit: Seems like the phone (most of the times) accepts incoming calls when I lock it to 3G mode... 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Have you tried safe mode or a reset yet?

* Search is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 181 (21,443 Views)

Yes and yes.

And cleared cache, factory reset, clean install with no additional apps, safe mode.. even did everything twice..

Still - phone is working again. BUT only in 3G mode!

So, i have a 4G phone that only manages 3G.

And yes, I have full coverage of 4G where I live, no problems of downloading in 30+ Mbit/s (that was before updating, and yes 4G works on a another phone, with the same sim card..

My phone however does not! 

Dont get me wrong here, but I doubt I am the only one that got this issue.. It may work in rest of Europe/world? I dont know.. It may be local to Swedish networks/operators.. But I doubt many people makes an effort to register in a forum to get some help and complain a bit. Most people just get their phones RMA'd without write a single word on a forum. and it has only been available here since the 25th..

If it is only my phone.. ok.. I just got unlucky with a 1kb error in the download or something. But I doubt I'm the only one.

Here's another one with similar problem https://forums.motorola.com/posts/b828a084d7

So short story, I got my phone working again. But only in 3G.

I've done the simple things already, tested the sim card, cleared caches, restarted, reset, reinstalled, more than once already on this lovely phone.. but, It's crippled to a 3G phone now.

Of course, I could just go for a custom rom, But I still have warranty on the crippled little thing so, I won't

And again, it has never been rooted or anything - I just use my phone as a.. phone and some facebook when I'm bored.

Yet again, apologize if I sound like an a** but... Moto support was'nt much help, so I put my hope to this excellent forum that some developer actually stumbles in here and read.. Or if anyone else found some stupid setting in the phone that I havent found.. 

Thank's in advance for suggestions what might be wrong. (or even a bugfix)

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 181 (21,443 Views)

If Lollipop was the culprit, then RMA'ing the phone would just result in another phone with the same issue after the update. And phones shipping with updated software would not work in 4G mode. 

Did you reinstall the OS too? Just wondering what "reinstall" meant. 

If there was a download error, the file would fail the checksum and not install.... so not sure what happened there. I can ask if others can take a look. 

* Search is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count