cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldLurcher
What's DOS?
Views: 375
Message 91 of 182

Re: No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

Anybody tried the update yet ? Plus any news of the fix Dudducat mentioned .

Like everyone else fed up with not getting calls fault was intermittent for me so difficult to know if anything " fixed" it or not.

Squits
What's DOS?
Message 92 of 182

It does seem to be fixed for me. All day yesterday I received calls while
in 4g mode
OldLurcher
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 182

Still intermittent for me today but was fine yesterday after upgrade

Initially 100% on 3G and intermittent on 4G then noticed 4G worked if screen was on ( had sleep after 1 min) Tried switching on "wake screen when notifications arrive" and had 100% success yesterday . Thought this was solution but today tried four times to call phone and only got through twice while on 4G . Back to 3G !! Hoping  someone out there can find the real Fix.

Firetracie
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 182

Installed the update this morning. Set phone to 4G. No calls connected. Set back to 3G all calls connected. Set back to 4G calls failed again. This isn't working for my phone.
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 95 of 182

Hi

Firstly - thank you all for your patience with this issue. It was extremely difficult to get to the bottom of this because it only seems to occur in some locations on some networks, and enabling the required logging on test phones stopped the problem from occurring!

We are very grateful to user dudducat for his excellent testing support. It took a lot of tests to finally narrow the issue down.

The fix should be rolled out in the next few weeks. To clarify - the recent update (version 23.26.3.peregrine_reteu.reteuall.en.EU) did NOT include this fix. That was an unrelated update (we hadn't solved the missed calls issue by the time it was finalised).

We expect the software version with the missed calls fix will be in the next update. but that is subject to change.

If any affected users would like to be included in the early test period for that release then please ensure that you have signed up for the MFN: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775 so that when we start testing the new software version you can be included.

-Tom
Squits
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 182

Thanks for the update Tom. At least we know where we stand. Even though
we're gnawing out fingers off waiting, we do know you're trying
OldLurcher
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 182

Good news  that fix has been found.

Happy to be involved in testing but do tell us when, I will be on 3G unless you tell us to switch back to 4G

mizi_o
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 182

MotorolaTom said:

Hi

Firstly - thank you all for your patience with this issue. It was extremely difficult to get to the bottom of this because it only seems to occur in some locations on some networks, and enabling the required logging on test phones stopped the problem from occurring!

We are very grateful to user dudducat for his excellent testing support. It took a lot of tests to finally narrow the issue down.

The fix should be rolled out in the next few weeks. To clarify - the recent update (version 23.26.3.peregrine_reteu.reteuall.en.EU) did NOT include this fix. That was an unrelated update (we hadn't solved the missed calls issue by the time it was finalised).

We expect the software version with the missed calls fix will be in the next update. but that is subject to change.

If any affected users would like to be included in the early test period for that release then please ensure that you have signed up for the MFN: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775 so that when we start testing the new software version you can be included.

-Tom

View original

I have signed MFN and I'm an affected user, thanks for your work!

Hagaci
What's DOS?
Message 99 of 182

Hello, i've 2 motog 2 gen with wind operator.

The first one is duble sim (XT1068) and works good, for this reason i've decided to buy another one as a gift

The second one is 4G LTE (XT1072) and can't receive incoming call in standby.

The same phone, same operator but different service. How is it possible?

A phone who can't receive incoming calls what is?

I hope Motorola fix this problem quikly.

If anyone had some suggestion i will thak you

billbo48
802.11n
Message 100 of 182

Hagaci said:

Hello, i've 2 motog 2 gen with wind operator.

The first one is duble sim (XT1068) and works good, for this reason i've decided to buy another one as a gift

The second one is 4G LTE (XT1072) and can't receive incoming call in standby.

The same phone, same operator but different service. How is it possible?

A phone who can't receive incoming calls what is?

I hope Motorola fix this problem quikly.

If anyone had some suggestion i will thak you

View original

Hi,

If you have a read of the posts above your you will see that this is "work in progress".

The perceived wisdom seems to be try running your phone in 3g mode.

Can't vouch for it myself as I'm not with "wind" nor do I have 4g ;-)

Top Kudoed Authors