cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred0101
What's DOS?
Views: 2,124
Message 11 of 182

Re: No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

Yes, reinstalled OS with factory image - the one I got OTA

And yes, RMA phones would have the same issue - just wait, it was released here 6 days ago. Which means that the first phone

shipped for RMA hasnt even reached the service guy that will do what I just did - wipe phone and reinstall OS.

And further more, I dont think that many people even bothered installing 5.1 yet.. Not everyone check their phones daily for an update like I did Smiley Tongue 

So, it will likely snowball from here when more phones get lollipop, and more phones RMA'd.  Simply put - service stations has not even got the first phones in.. at least not here (since it only been available 6 days)

And by the way - Is there any Moto G LTE xt1039's even shipped with 5.1? 

Motoz
Punch Card
Message 12 of 182

I'm sure this has to do with Motorola assist. In 4.4.4 there used to be a setting in Sleep to allow calls from contacts or if a caller calls twice within a short period etc if in Sleep mode. With 5.1 Google/Motorola changed it to 'Downtime settings'. Someone else can probably explain it better than myself. HTH.

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 182

Interesting thought =) but the phone works when I set it to 3G - even incoming calls. So if Assist was the culprit it probably would mess up the phone in 3G mode as well? 

And Assist is not a running process on my phone, haven't set it up yet. And tried with Assist disabled to, same thing.

Right now (knock on wood) the only issue is no incoming calls with 4G enabled.

(Haven't tried everything else that other people are reporting about here on the forum though)

But, it doesn't mean you're wrong though... there might be something in Assist that's screwed up.. 

Motoz
Punch Card
Message 14 of 182

Is there a 5 pointed star in the notifications bar at the top? Might be to do with interruptions settings, I'm having my own problems with 5.1, I'm no expert.

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 182

No star in notifications.

I have; 

Network name, alarm, wifi, signal strenght and the user icon.. that's it

And btw, I also have that annoying Hangouts stopped working issue.. and also annoyed by not being able to shut down a chrome window!! why the *bleep* should anyone press "recent" to close a window angry

Gotoandplay
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 182

Hi, I have the same problem here. Installed lollipop on 23.21.17.peregrine_retgb.retgball.en.GB (I'm in Italy) and since then I can't receive incoming calls when I'm home covered by 4g.

No problems with outgoing calls as Fred0101. I've checked the sim and called phone operator assistance but I think it's a problem related to the lollipop update.

Anyway I'll try to disable the 4g as suggested and wait for motorola assistance fix it.

billbo48
802.11n
Message 17 of 182

Motoz said:

Is there a 5 pointed star in the notifications bar at the top? Might be to do with interruptions settings, I'm having my own problems with 5.1, I'm no expert.

View original

HI

The star has every thing to do with priority of notification and will stop you receiving incoming call.

There is a good article explaining all here http://www.androidcentral.com/ask-ac-whats-star-my-notification-area

Motoz
Punch Card
Message 18 of 182

Hi billbo48, what I was trying to find out from Fred0101 was that if there was a star, to check the interruptions settings, but it looks like there's a real fault in that version of 5.1. As far as I can tell, mine does not have that particular fault. Just trying to help.

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 182

Today's observations....

Well, phone does recieve calls in 3G mode only.. But! if I havent used the phone for a couple of hours it seems like it goes to deep sleep a bit to much and just wont wake up until i press powerbutton a couple of times.. and it does of course not recieve incoming calls in that state either.

And I see in this and other forums that there are more people that has the same problem. Wake up MOTO!!

I will have a RMA ticket in my mailbox tomorrow.. but I hope Motorola will push out a bugfix before I decide to send it for a pointless service..(And buy a new phone)

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 182

Gotoandplay said:

Hi, I have the same problem here. Installed lollipop on 23.21.17.peregrine_retgb.retgball.en.GB (I'm in Italy) and since then I can't receive incoming calls when I'm home covered by 4g.

No problems with outgoing calls as Fred0101. I've checked the sim and called phone operator assistance but I think it's a problem related to the lollipop update.

Anyway I'll try to disable the 4g as suggested and wait for motorola assistance fix it.

View original

Thank you! not for having a broken phone but, it's nice to see that I'm not alone in this forum with this issue.