cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mago82
What's DOS?
Views: 1,220
Message 21 of 182

Re: No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

I have moto g lte android 5.1 and i have the same problem.

When the 4g is active i can't receive the incoming call.

I have Wind provider, in Italy.

The problem is: Motorola hw, Android 5.1, or Wind Provider?

with android 4.4.4 the problem did not exist!

Help me!

Thank you!

Gotoandplay
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 182

Hi mago82, I have Wind too and the same problem.

I hope someone from Motorola is reading our complaints!

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 182

Hello Motorola? I was send here from your chat support to report my problem. It seems I'm not the only one, just like I said in previous post Smiley Wink

So two questions to Moto employees.. Are you really checking your forums? And when are you going to make our 4G phones actually work as a two way communication device in 4G again?

Mine is still screwed up, only works both ways in 3G!

If I send it for repairs it will cost Motorola not me.. Ah, I will likely get a one way phone back but - I will keep sending it back until you fix the problem.

At least someone from Moto could write: We are aware of this problem and working to fix it asap Smiley Wink

dudducat
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 182

Hi same problem here on moto G LTE (OTA 23.21.17.peregrine_reteu.reteuall.en.EU rereu)

Carrier WIND Italy.

I hope that a solution will be found soon. It's a really big problem if a phone could not recieve incoming calls.

Thanks to all of you

dudducat
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 182

I found a solution in an Italian Forum. You have to use 3g instead of 4g to have a working phone.

With 4g selected and wind carrier no incoming calls.

With 3g and wind you will have your phone working again.

Bye

Gotoandplay
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 182

Fred0101 already suggested this solution and is actually working.

Now I wonder if it's a problem with some carrier like Wind in Italy and some other in Sweden or is an issue regarding all moto g lte with lollipop. I say this because I see very little complaining

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 182

To run a 4G phone in 3G mode is not a fix.. it is only a temporary workaround to make the phone work.

And why would it be a carrier problem? my card works fine with 4G in a different phone!

And the phone worked just fine in 4G BEFORE 5.1 update.

Have done 3 factory resets, cleared cache after update, only have original apps that comes with installation.

Still doesnt work as supposed to.. Lots of ather little bugs to, mostly black screen after long downtime, slow reaction to powerbutton to awake screen. Lots of apps that has unpressable "next" buttons and so on.. For me 5.1 is a disaster.. phone is hopeless after update. Cant even trust that it will ring if someone wants to call me.. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 28 of 182

Fred0101 said:

To run a 4G phone in 3G mode is not a fix.. it is only a temporary workaround to make the phone work.

And why would it be a carrier problem? my card works fine with 4G in a different phone!

And the phone worked just fine in 4G BEFORE 5.1 update.

Have done 3 factory resets, cleared cache after update, only have original apps that comes with installation.

Still doesnt work as supposed to.. Lots of ather little bugs to, mostly black screen after long downtime, slow reaction to powerbutton to awake screen. Lots of apps that has unpressable "next" buttons and so on.. For me 5.1 is a disaster.. phone is hopeless after update. Cant even trust that it will ring if someone wants to call me.. 

View original

Apps with a next button you can't press? Sounds like you have a screen dimming application installed. Lots,of Internet talk about how these apps overlay the screen and prevent button presses. 

If you have done a reset, and not even setup a Google account, (can't be any apps installed then) and still can't press buttons in apps, then it sounds like you have a bad touchscreen or water damage.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
dudducat
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 182

The bug is about the switch from 4g to 2g when the calls start or arrive.

Wind use 2g for calls .... other carriers use 4g.

Bye,

Ste

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 30 of 182

Hello all,

I've seen your reports on this issue and I've brought it up to our engineers. They have a few questions. First, how have you been changing the preferred network type (4G, 2G/3G, etc)? Are you going into mobile network settings or changing it elsewhere?

Thanks,

Tom

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors