cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squits
What's DOS?
Views: 761
Message 41 of 182

Re: No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

I use my phone for work as I'm always out of the office, everything is tied into my phone and I need both 4g and calls so this is honestly really annoying
DavidB5
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 182

This is probably not the answer because you have upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop but it is worth trying, in case.  Carriers do have different settings for different phones.  I went from a Nokia with Windows 7 to the XT1039.  I found that my provider had to change settings at their end for the Motorola.  I started with 3G (which was the limit on the Nokia) - only asking to switch to 4G after a couple of weeks.  I found that Virgin don't adequately support the settings for Motorola in Australia and I reverted to 3G anyway because I don't really have 4G where I am.  (I bought the phone for other reasons).

Anyway, the point is that you should contact your carrier and get them to do a reset at their end. One reason for thinking this way is that if you get it working with 4G but then it stops it may be reacting to carrier settings.

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 182

Hello Moto...

It has now been a month and still no fix for this issue!!

As soon as I switch the phone into 4G mode - No incoming calls accepted!!

Are you going to fix this is or do I (we) have to go with Cyanogen on our phones??

Thinking of buying a new phone, and guess what - I have had 5 Moto phones in a row... this will probably be the last!!

DavidB5
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 182

And did you try the suggestion of contacting your ISP about settings?
solom01
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 182

My provider is T-Mobile. I talked to them various times and they know exactly what is wrong. At least in the US the only way this cell is going to work is if Motorola does a firmware update that allows one to select 2gs for voice and lte for Data. I sent mine in for repair, since it is still under warranty and it is on it's way back. I hope they fixed it, but quite honestly unless they do a firmware update I don't see how they can. On the plus side, my credit card company has said that if they don't fix it while it's under the warranty period they'll do a charge-back and refund what I paid for it, so I guess I'll just buy one of the many available unlocked phones that now have lollipop and lte.

Fred0101
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 182

Yes, I've tried calling my provider and they did'nt fint any problems from their end. 

But I just remebered that I had another Moto G with a cracked screen, so I looked in the phones settings from 4.4.4 and found this:

Possible solution:

Goto; Settings / Cellular networks / Access point names / "your provider" (likely the first option) / Port

Change from "unspecified" to 8080

Go back "edit access point" and change /Bearer from "LTE" to "unspecified"

EDIT: NO, still doesn't wotk..  Have the same settings for all networks as my other Moto G 4g phone, which is still on 4.4.4

and as soon as the phone goes into sleep it wont accept incoming calls. So - not it's not likely it's a problem with my provider / settings.. 

solom01
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 182

Well I got my phone back after sending it to Motorola for repair - they said it was "fully functional" and sent it back without doing anything. Obviously they did not even bother to check it. Luckily the large, well known internet retailer I purchased it from agreed that Motorola dropped the ball and is taking it back for a full refund. I have no doubt that they have enough clout to get Motorola to take it back, so Motorola is stuck with an old discontinued phone and got to pay shipping to and back from their repair facility. They could have avoided all this by simply saying that they were working on a firmware upgrade. Hopefully if enough people do this it will cost Motorola enough that they will pay attention.

michelebose
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 182

Hi, I have the same issue.

- ota update direct from 4.4.4 (EU) to 5.1

- everything looks fine

- everytime someone tries to call, I can't be reached but if you try a few seconds after it works.

The main problem is that people does not know, so I simply skip 95% of my calls (even job related). I will try with 3G workaround but that can't be a solution. Motorola seems useless at the moment, Wind (italian carrier) can't be considered responsible (even if there was something related, not sure about that). I'm only thinking to downgrade my fw cause I used to like my phone as it was.

did somebody got some news? thanks

Kosma
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 182

I have the same problem. I have Lollipop 5.1 and Wind operator.

With 4G enabled, after few seconds that the screen is turned off, the incomings call doesn't arrive and if you try a few seconds after it work.

Please fix it and please Motorola give some news. Thanks.

Firetracie
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 182

Hi everyone

Not techie so can't inform on upgrades/system other than what I can read off my phone so please excuse my ignorance.

Got my first motorola moto G in May. Contacts started to advise they received "unable to connect your call" Became apparent it was frequent so had contacts testing and recording when it happened. Contacted provider, did sim wipe, sim swap, factory reset then sent for repair. Returned NFF! 

Same issue continued. No problem making calls or receiving texts. Friends did testing for me again - another list of times/dated when no connecting.

Returned again to repair centre. Replaced with 2nd Gen on 8/8/15. Problem still persists. Another sim wipe/swap, more calls to provider and have to send it back again. They're going to exchange it again but for the same model.

Not confident it will be any better after reading this forum but thought I"d add my voice to this issue.

In the meantime can anyone tell me how I change my phone to 3g from 4g in case it works as a temporary fix please?

Wish I'd never chosen Motorola but am on a contract and provider is not willing to change the make.

FYI my phone says it's Android version 5.0.2 and I'm in UK with Tesco mobile / O2.

Thanks

Top Kudoed Authors