cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dudducat
What's DOS?
Views: 363
Message 71 of 182

Re: No incoming calls after lollipop update (Xt1039)

Pardon me, but Motorola is working hard on this issue, they are spending a lot of time trying to fix. Don't be so negative. As I said they're still working on it. Give them a chance. I don't think that any other producer would lost so much time in an old phone.

Bye,

Ste

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 72 of 182

@dudducat, I appreciate you working directly with our engineers. @squits, can you please advise where you're having the problem (what city you live in)?

-Tom

Squits
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 182

I'm in Sheffield in the UK
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 74 of 182

Squits said:

I'm in Sheffield in the UKView original

Squits, thanks for the quick reply. I've provided the information over to the engineers who are working with dudducat.

-Tom

Squits
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 182

No problem, I would really like this problem fixing, I replaced my last mobile phone due to a fault and don't want to have to do the same with this phone as it 'was' perfect before the 5.0 update.
Roxy55
What's DOS?
Message 76 of 182

The phones should be recalled and replaced, paying for 4g network and phone does not work as advertised on any 4g network so instead we are left with slow 3g so we can accept calls, this has been going on far too long, obviously the testing prior to release of the upgrade was not tested properly. Bad service altogether.

michelebose
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 182

Hi, it would be nice to know what's going on.. I wouldn't complain but I'm very disappointed, not for the bug issue (shit happens) but for motorola's behaviour.

Ok they're testing, they're looking for a fix.. Is there some light at the end of the tunnel? Are there some ideas?

I got a good phone, I took a suggested upgrade (?) and I'm stuck. Possible solution:

1. Waiting for some upgrade (not Marshmallow cause it seems we won't be able to receive);

2. Flashing some ROM found in some place (get warranty issues, cause e.g. my phone is pretty young);

3. Changing the phone (I'm not doing if I'm not refunded);

4. Changing the carrier (I've been WIND customer for a long time and I like it, maybe others could have less flexible contracts).

In my case, 4th could be the easiest but I think it's not right. The probability of 3th is very low. Can I/we have some suggestions?

PS: would it be technically possible to provide an "official downgrade" to KitKat?

THANKS

Roxy55
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 182

well a little update to the problem, I found a kitkat rom and instructions to downgrade and now 4g is working again, please note the flashing process is not for the feint of heart, only issue is that on first boot there is a scanning line travelling down the screen but either a reboot or leaving it until the screen goes to sleep cures that, its an issue with the lollipop bootloader which is not downgraded on the roll back, if I managed I don't see why moto cannot issue an downgrade as well, after all its their upgrade which made the phone not work as it should. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see this post removed. don't forget you can kill your phone by doing the downgrade and I accept no responsibility for this info.

Firetracie
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 182

Appreciate the updates but like others on this forum my phone's on contract and any unauthorised system boot would invalidate warranty and could leave me with a useless piece of hardware and no phone. I agree that Motorola should accept there's an issue and notify providers which will allow those of us on contract to renegotiate either the service provision contract or enable the selection of an alternative device which allows the 4G access we signed up for. They won't do anything without an official communication from Motorola so if they can't fix it they should bite the bullet and take responsibility.
Squits
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 182

I tried to return my phone a few months back when this issue first started, O2 basically said Motorola is at fault not us, so go away.

I've got until August before I can upgrade and I'm still paying for this phone that doesn't work!

So I know how it feels to be annoyed.
Top Kudoed Authors