cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olin18
What's DOS?
Views: 1,770
Message 11 of 17

Re: No signal. Radio off. Can't make/receive calls. Second Time it's happened, tried everything.

I was using Jio sim, i discontinue to use service, than after a month i faced the network issue i"e unable to call and was giving error airplane mode is on, this issue continued 2 days, so i insert my Jio card , now it's working fine, i fill it is happening just because i was using jio service earlier, please chk is that the reason for network issue
dimeslime
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,763
Message 12 of 17

Re: No signal. Radio off. Can't make/receive calls. Second Time it's happened, tried everything.

Some have successfully make it work by flashing correct qcn. Some by replacing  the motherboard.

Amps
What's DOS?
Views: 685
Message 13 of 17

Had the same problem.. tried many things one thing worked

Restarted the phone with Vol pressed down.

Opted to start with BP Tools option

Radio and charging was ok.

This will reset to earlier problem every time phone is restarted, or p battery is fully drained.

TerryinNC
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 14 of 17

I have a previous posting in this thread.  From last spring.  Tried every trick I dug up on the net and couldn't get it out of airplane mode.  Bought a new Moto G5 Plus (bad move) and put the brick away in the closet.  And I'm sure I tried this suggestion of booting with vol down then without success.  But I'm so unhappy with the G5 I pulled the old G out just on the off chance...  I did not get to the BP Tools option, but the phone booted up out of airplane mode!  Fumbled about looking around and letting it update software.  Booted a few more times, and it kept coming up in normal mode.  Put the sim back in it and its been working just fine for a month.  I have no idea why / what happened, but I'm happy and the G5's in the closet.  Software update? Flat battery? Memory problem (its full)?  Rogue app?  Phase of the moon?  Little spooky, and not confidence inspiring, but I'm going to run with it for now.  If it locks up again, you'll hear from me. 

hedgehog90
Paper Tape
Views: 599
Message 15 of 17

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, Terry, except after a week or so of working correctly it reverted to airplane mode.

It's still a complete mystery why or how it decided to fix itself, it's as if the phone just needs a break from work so it can rest in a drawer or closet for a few weeks.

I wish you luck with your phone, but if I had to put a bet on it I reckon it'll return to airplane mode within a month or two.

TerryinNC
What's DOS?
Views: 594
Message 16 of 17

Hope you're wrong.  But since this whole mess is a mystery (notice not a single word from the Lenovo or Snapdragon folks), I've moved everything possible to the SD card.  I lost a bunch of stuff trying fixes last time.  Next time I'll just pop the cards out and drop the brick back in the closet.  When I worked at Motorola, we took pride in our reliability.  Motorola radios were bulletproof.  Things change.

TerryinNC
What's DOS?
Views: 160
Message 17 of 17

The radio management in this phone is off again.  This time its Wi-Fi.  Can't connect.  Motorola should absolutely be ashamed of this phone - it is a genuine POS.  And their claim to fame is the radio business.  They waited too long to hire a software guy. 

I have a G5 in my closet that I bought when this one was messing up the first time.  Its so big and clunky I dislike carrying it.  Can't decide whether I'll resurrect it of just go buy a Samsung.  I'm getting way too many hours and ulcer pills invested in Motorola.