Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d0cb0b
What's DOS?
Views: 874
Message 1 of 7

Recovering Contacts from Moto G

My wifes Moto G screen has stopped working after it was dropped. We are unable to recover the contacts with Motorola Device Manager, but can find the photographs and other files. Does this mean all the contacts are on her SIM (they do not appear if we put her sim into my Moto G) or are they on the phone and unaccessable? If they are on the phone is there any way of accessing them?

Many thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 856
Message 2 of 7

Re: Recovering Contacts from Moto G

Has she been syncing it with google drive or other online service? Storing the pictures to an SD card?

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
d0cb0b
What's DOS?
Views: 850
Message 3 of 7

Sadly no.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 837
Message 4 of 7

I don't know if this will work, but try holding a bright flashlight pointing into the screen. It could be the backlight is the problem. If it is, the flashlight will allow you to see well enough that you might be to set the phone so you can transfer files while connected to a computer.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
d0cb0b
What's DOS?
Views: 833
Message 5 of 7

Does not seem to do anything unfortunately. All the online advice is to set the phone to access the debugging menu and then use third party softwatre to transfer. Is there a way to access this from the PC without using the phone screen (I suspect not). Out of interest, are the contacts hidden in the phone memory, or is it that the way the other phone is set up is not seeing the new contacts? Thanks
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 827
Message 6 of 7

When you setup your phone you most likely used a Gmail account. This is the same one used for access to the playstore. Your contacts should be there. Try going online with a laptop or PC and go to Gmail.com.

Enter your email and password. Hopefully all your contacts are there. If so when you get any new Android phone use the same email address and password. Your contacts will then sync to your new phone. It's very important to let Google sync your photos as well so you don't need to worry about losing them too if your phone fails. 

orange6
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 7 of 7

Yes,you can access the contacts from damaged screen Moto G with the help of Android contacts recovery tool.It can detect data saved on SIM card and phone,you don't need worry.