Options

73 Posts

02-07-2013

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 14

SMS Message Centre Number Setting Vanished!!

2013-12-30, 13:47 PM

As stupid as this sounds the SMS message centre number setting has disappeared.

I believe it was there when I purchased the phone a few days ago when I was going through all the settings but now I can't find it, or at least I can't remember where I did. I've been through every possible setting and I'm all but certain its gone, so can someone please confirm where it should be before I really do start to panic?

Thanks in advance.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: SMS Message Centre Number Setting Vanished!!

2014-01-02, 10:57 AM

Hi Sizzers,

The setting for the SMSC was never there - the phone is supposed to read that from the SIM card. Sorry to break it to you like this. Does your phone not read the SMSC number from the SIM?

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

73 Posts

02-07-2013

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2014-01-02, 11:09 AM

Hi Nicole, and thanks for the reply.

Yeah, as I said when I was setting up the phone and going through all the settings I thought I saw it there. What prompted me to go looking for it again was the next day a friend said he had sent me several texts which I hadn't received, which then also made me think it was little strange that I hadn't received even a single text from anyone.

Anyway it seems there was a problem with his network as they all come through sometime later so there wasn't a fault with my phone as I feared. blush

Malc

2 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2014-01-02, 11:40 AM

Hey Sizzers,

Good to hear that. The SMSC number is used to send texts - means if you can send but not receive it is likely a fault with the other persons network. If you can receive but not send, then it would be good to look at the SMSC number. Usually, reseating the SIM and resetting the APN to standard helps already.

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

1 Posts

04-11-2014

United Kingdom

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2014-04-11, 2:44 AM

This is bad news.  I can send text and people rec'v them, but I cannot receive their replies. My new wireless provider's SIM (H2O Wireless) does not contain the SMSC, at least from what I can see using two different SIM viewing apps. H2O told me to find the setting on my Moto G and use one of the two message center nos. they've provided me.

From what I'm reading, the no. can be set w/in other phones, although I certainly don't know how common a setting it is.

Any chance this setting will become available in an Android update, and soon?

Seriously, I bought this Moto G based on reviews and technical write-ups, and to get away from being locked into one of the big carriers, but it now seems as though I've lost one of the big utilities (texting) that I bought into this for.

-Dave

###################

NIcole_Summers said:

Hi Sizzers,

The setting for the SMSC was never there - the phone is supposed to read that from the SIM card. Sorry to break it to you like this. Does your phone not read the SMSC number from the SIM?

Cheers,

Nicole

View original

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2014-04-11, 10:23 AM

Dave,

The SMSC number is only there to send text messages. If you have an unlimited text messages plan, then a different number will be used so that you can send texts for free. Receiving texts is a different story.

Does your Moto G receive texts with a different SIM card? If yes, then the issue lies with the network/ SIM card, not with the phone. Try and borrow a SIM to test this.

If the issue lies with the phone let me know and we can try a few different things.

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

1 Posts

05-13-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2014-05-13, 2:56 AM

Hi Nicole,

I am struggling to find the SMS Message Centre setting, without which not able to send or receive SMSs, i have SMS Message Centre number with me, if you really could help in this matter, please reply.

Thanks

Abhas

Options

3 Posts

05-19-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2014-05-19, 9:50 AM

Abhas said:

Hi Nicole,

I am struggling to find the SMS Message Centre setting, without which not able to send or receive SMSs, i have SMS Message Centre number with me, if you really could help in this matter, please reply.

Thanks

Abhas

View original

Options

3 Posts

05-19-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2014-05-19, 9:54 AM

I also had the same problem with my Moto G Dual SIM. One of the SIMs cannot receive SMS and I cannot find the SMSC settings. What I did was dig up an old phone and checked the SMSC settings and found out that the SMSC number was missing. I inputted the number and put back the SIM on my Moto G and it's working now. Hopefully, Motorola will give a software update so that SMSC settings can be accessed.

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2014-05-19, 10:29 AM

Hi,

The SMSC number is only read by the phone from the SIM card, so, it has to be accessible for the phone from the SIM. Have you tried to swap your cards to test? HAve you contacted your carrier to try to fix this issue?

Cheers,

Nicole.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms