11-28-2013 02:37 AM
In order to save network data usage
1) Is it possible to set the phone to only check for updates and sync when WiFi is available
2) Without simply manually switching Network Data off is it possible to set the phone to use WiFi when both WiFi and a network is available. (Mine seems to choose the network if both are available)
I have noticed other phones have this facility built in, is it possible or is there an App which will do it?
11-29-2013 11:47 AM
Unless I am misunderstand, yes.
11-30-2013 01:51 AM
1) Yes if you switch off mobile data then it will only use WiFi but because the timing of updating and syncing seems to be random and automatic it could (and does) update while mobile data is available (and maybe WiFi is not). I was looking for a switch that restricted actioning the Update and/or sync when Mobile data was switched on and WiFi was not available. I have found in Play Store settings an option to "Auto update over WiFi only" so that should take care of all updates from play store. I guess there are just now updates from other places, motorola and the auto syncing to gmail etc to try to force to use WiFi.
2) "WiFi should be the first option" ?, well I hope so, but when I switched on my second phone (I had to return the faulty first phone I bought) it brilliantly completely set up the new phone from the back ups but it downloaded all the Apps etc via mobile data even when WiFi was available so from that experience it looked like it choses Mobile Data first. I was asking if there is a setting to control that, there is on the Samsung.
08-11-2014 09:26 AM
1.Open Play Store
2. Go to settings
3. select auto-update apps
4. select update over wi-fi only
It doesn't help with synching but it does stop apps updating over your data plan