Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMOTO G / MOTO G 4G LTE 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-31-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 5

UK Repair & Warranty [Incident: xxxxxxxxxx]

2016-08-31, 10:42 AM

In May 2015, I upgraded to a 2 year pay monthly contract with Three, the Moto G 4G (Black) 1st Gen phone is the handset and was told at that time that the phone came with a 2 year warranty.

As from Saturday 27th Aug, it froze on the white screen with the blue circle "M" logo. I followed each of the trouble shooting suggestions here that day, when that didn't work I let the battery go flat, charged it up and followed the suggestions again the next day (Sunday 28th Aug). It wasn't solving my issue so on Monday 29th Aug, I called the motorola helpline. I was told that my phone was out of warranty (but to phone Three about the warranty issue) and was asked to carry out the 2+min Vol & Power FORCE REBOOT (the procedure of which was e-mailed to me along with the link to log a service repair.)

The reboot didn't work.

I duly phoned the Three customer services helpline as I was concerned about the cost of repairing.  Three customer services, confirmed that I did have a 2 year warranty and transfered me to the motorola helpline; I was transferred to the lady I had spoken to earlier! I told her that the reboot hadn't solved my issue and she told me that my phone will have to be posted to the repair centre.

I have 2 queries.

1) Three say (in the store, on the helpdesk and on their website) that I have a 2yr warranty with this phone but Motorola helpdesk says I don't. Is my phone under warranty or not?

2) The e-mail says " As your device/fault is not covered under the warranty conditions then please note that you will receive a quotation via email for the repair if the device is deemed repairable.  As soon as we receive your device, our engineers will check the device, raise the quotation and inform you. Once you accept and pay for the quotation, your device will be repaired and returned back to you as soon as possible, depending on stock availability. In the event that you do not wish to proceed with the quotation then a handling charge may be applied." How much is a "Handling Charge?"

I will await your reply before proceeding further.

Many thanks

Kim

Options

2137 Posts

07-20-2012

United Kingdom

67 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: UK Repair & Warranty [Incident:xxxxxxx]

2016-08-31, 12:01 PM

Hey,

We currently seem to have confusion of some sort about this with Three. It is true that newer phones you buy from Three now all have a 2 years warranty, however the Moto G 1rst gen does not belong to this group according to my information. 

I found your case and I escalated this to see what we can get on this. I will answer you in your case. 

By the way, I removed the case number so as to not allow other people to try and call under your name. Not sure what that would serve to accomplish, but we had it happen previously.

Cheers,

Nicole

Options

4 Posts

08-31-2016

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2016-08-31, 15:42 PM

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your speedy response to my post.

I received a call from Three today, either due to your escalation or diarised follow-up I don't know ;-) and spoke to Misha about what has happened to date. She told me that Three cover the 2nd year warranty, I'm still not sure how that works but she put me through to Anastasija at Motorola who has been very helpful trying to get it working.

Anastasija has answered my questions about the repair centre procedures & costs while sending me a step-by-step e-mail detailing what to try. Should my phone have to go to the repair centre they will e-mail me with an invoice before they do any work which I can accept & pay or decline. If I decline (e.g. the cost of repairs is more than a new phone) I pay £19.99 and they post my phone back to me. This fee covers the technicians looking & determining the problem plus the postage back to me.

I've now carried out Anastasijs's suggestions from her e-mail but still joy, I'm now just waiting to hear back.

It's so sad, the phone has been wonderful - I love it. It's in a protective case that covers the screen, I've not dropped it, I keep it in my pocket or handbag so it never gets wet... I don't know why it's frozen :-( I hope it's easy (& cheap) to fix.

Regards

Kim

Options

4 Posts

08-31-2016

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2016-09-09, 6:02 AM
Just to keep you updated.

I posted my phone to the Repair Centre in Norfolk on Sat 3.9.16, package signed received on 5.9.16.
I haven't heard anything from them yet. I enclosed my address, telephone number and e-mail as requested.
Options

1 Posts

11-09-2016

Netherlands

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 5 of 5

Re: UK Repair & Warranty [Incident: xxxxxxxxxx]

2016-11-09, 9:00 AM

Buenos días acabo de comprar un Motorola moto G4 generación en una tienda de mediamarkt donde el precio era 197 euros pero me cobraron 227 euros por que me explican en la tienda que en la página de Motorola me hacían la devolución de los 30 euros de diferencia pero llevo rato buscando y no encuentro nada si me pudieran ayudar con esto o explicarme que tengo que hacer

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms