cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
001yes
What's DOS?
Views: 2,962
Message 1 of 4

Use Moto G to play music through car stereo?

I have a simple mp3 player in the car that I connect up with a USB to the car stereo. When playing tracks I get to see the track name etc and go forward/back through tracks using the car stereo controls.

Recently got a Moto G and want to play my spotify tracks as above. However it does not work through the USB. I can use the 3mm jack lead but then I do not see the track info and cannot go forwards/back via the car stereo.

What am I doing wrong?? Thanks

RBBrittain
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 4

Re: Use Moto G to play music through car stereo?

Unless your car stereo supports Bluetooth, it's not likely to work with Spotify any way other than thru the aux jack.  Unless your MP3 player was an iPod (those use a proprietary Apple interface), your stereo probably acted as its own MP3 player with your player's memory basically serving as a flash drive.  That method won't work with any Android app unless you pre-download the tracks to whatever part of memory your stereo sees when you hook up the phone via USB.

001yes
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks for the response!

Highlighted
stevensegui
What's DOS?
Views: 59
Message 4 of 4

Usually I use Allavsoft to firslty download the spotify music to mp3 with art cover and then play throgh car stereo or usb without any problem.