Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OriolS
What's DOS?
Views: 4,213
Message 1 of 15

Why Moto G have not supported Catalan?

I bought a Moto G with 4.4.2 Android. Telephone does'nt support Catalan, this phone was bought in Spain throught amazon. Could someone explain me why? Motorola and android have always supported it.

I tried to use Go keyboard, but it generates problems, and all time is shows alerts of malfunction. But keyboard works well.

Oriol

Chueca
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 15

Re: Why Moto G have not supported Catalan?

Google does it all in Catalan, Motorola made ​​a mistake and lost many potential customers, not only Catalan, other languages ​​neglected

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 3 of 15

Hey both,

I didn't see this post in time, should have answered in here. To obtain Catalan or other languages on your Moto G have a look here. It's not an official solution but it might help.

Cheers,

Nicole

fbassas
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 15

Hi,

we have bought a brand new moto e and we're very disappointed that catalan is not in available languages.

No excuses. 10 Milion costumers are enough to justify catalan avalilability. We will be an independent state soon indeed, but anyway speakers quantity is enough reason. I think any product manager should understand this.

Other companies like Samsung understood this in the past, and a leader company like Motorola should as well.

Hoping to hear good news from you,

best regards.

Frank

tomasito2
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 15

Why you don't offer an offical solution? Why Catalan is not supported?

MarcMn
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 15

Sadly missing catalan language on both Moto G and Moto G v2. :'(

I hope this issue is corrected in future Motorola Android devices.

maxwell3
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 15

Catalan is there in the official android?

jrlgillue
Paper Tape
Views: 3,488
Message 8 of 15

I would buy a Moto G4 phone if it supported Catalan language.

All Lenovo needs it to do is not to remove it when you customize your , because it is present in Android by default. 

Even by conservative estimates (see http://languageknowledge.eu) Catalan is spoken by significantly more people than Danish, Finnish, Slovak, Lithuanian, Slovenian, Latvian, Estonian o Croatian. However, Motorola/Lenovo supports all these languages but doesn't support Catalan.

As I said, until this situation is reversed, I am not buying anything from Lenovo and I am advising everyone I know not to do it either.

Marieta1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,285
Message 9 of 15

I am returning by otherwise very nice Moto G4 Play because it does not support Catalan. I have tried to use the app More locale 2 to solve this problem by myself following the instructions that can be found elsewhere in this forum but I am no informatician and I also do not see why I have to spend an evening trying to fix this issue by myself when Catalan is supported since long ago by other brands, also for the low budget phones. I do not want to sound rude but I am certainly disappointed and I wish I had known about this issue before buying this nice phone. I think that Catalan-speaking costumers will be very glad if Motorola changes its policy in the future. Until then, I will stick to Samsung Smiley Wink

dst2
What's DOS?
Views: 2,602
Message 10 of 15

Recently bought a Motorola G5 with android 7.0 and still no catalan support Smiley Sad

Top Kudoed Authors