Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SleepsLate
What's DOS?
Views: 5,915
Message 1 of 13

Windows XP doesn't find drivers for Moto-G

Neither of my Windows XP machines find the USB driver when I plug in my Moto-G, but my Windows 7 laptop works fine.  I have Windows Media Player 11 and have loaded the Motorola Device Manager, but still no connection.  I can connect OK if I connect as Camera (PTP).  Anyone else having this problem, or know the solution?

Devoirele_Calck
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 13

Re: Windows XP doesn't find drivers for Moto-G

Same here for a Windows XP (SP3) machine

Sumb
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

Got the same issue. Have tried talking with USA tech support and drawn a blank.

I am running an XP (SP3) machine and cannot connect but my daughter has Windows 7 on her machine and the phone connects fine.

Have either of you found a fix for the problem yet or received any communication from Motorola tech?

Sumb
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 13

I have been onto Motorola Live Chat again and been told to turn off my browser cookies and / or try using a different browser.

Now I'm not the most PC savvy person but I do not believe that this is a browser issue.

Is there anybody at Motorola Tech reading the forum posts?

Sumb
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

I am not 100% sure what I have done but my Moto G now connects to my laptop.

I followed this thread 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/how-do-i-install-the-mtp-drivers-for-windows-xp/fa19dfda-aae2-4ea1-b959-fe175a3ebb59

And also made sure Windows Media Player was the latest version (11) and then manually installed the Moto G via the Control Panel - hey presto, it found the drivers

Ron19
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

I can also confirm that the above solution by Sumb fixed the problem for me - updated to WMP 11 & the MTP kit at the Microsoft link, and it is working now.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 13

Windows XP becomes a legacy product in a couple of months and Microsoft will stop supporting it with patches, drivers, antivirus...

It was/is one of the best and most stable, but it's soon to be history, if it isn't already. 

The computer will continue to work, but if there are more new phones in your future, chances  are very good that there won't be any new drivers.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 8 of 13

Hi all,

If you have issues connecting a Media device to the computer (tablets, phones, others) and it doesn't work then it might help to update your computers Media Transfer Protocol structure (MPT structure).

Do do this, please...

- download all the patches, called Service Packs or SPs (for Windows XP, there are 3 I believe)

- update the NET Framework to 4.0

- update to Windows Media Player 11 or higher.

These are all Windows components so please only use the Microsoft website for this.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Nicole

Sumb
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13

Thanks Nicole - but I think you will find that the answer was found near 3 weeks ago

Sunrays
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Though it's more than 2 month old thread, I believe someone with similar problem might read this.

For me, in some computers Moto G got detected when connected to them. But in my home PC I faced this problem. I tried installing the drivers mentioned here and in XDA forum, yet only camera storage worked when Camera (PTP) is checked.

After enabling USB debugging, my PC installed drivers on it own and detected Moto G like a normal storage device.

Follow these steps to enable:

1. Go to Settings

2. touch About phone for 7 times to enable Developer options

3. In Developer options check USB debugging.