Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captain-janeway
What's DOS?
Views: 3,507
Message 11 of 19

Re: cannot connect moto g to mac via usb

Finally got into level 2 support at Motorola. they tell me that Mac OS 10.8 and 10.9 don't support Android file transfer. All he could do was apologize for it. I guess it's Apple's way of forcing you to buy their phones. 

The phone is recognized on my PC, it's just the wretched Mac that doesn't see it. 

Told the guy at Motorola that they should warn people on their website, or at least remove the links for Mac on the help page. 

I will try some of the suggested apps above though. Thank you.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 12 of 19

Hi,

I'm sorry to know this about file transfer to your Mac computer. I've also checked the drivers site and it seems drivers are only compatible with Macintosh up to 10.8 Mountain Lion, https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/89881, so in case you have Mac 10.9, drivers are not also compatible with your computer.

I've contacted other agents within Motorola Support and it seems they have reported this issue to Motorola. I hope there is a fix soon for this.

Cheers,

Nicole

MOTOGUSSER
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 19

i am facing this issue while installing motorola device manager.I am not able to connect my MOTO G device to windows sp3 PC.

Endorphinity
Paper Tape
Message 14 of 19

captain-janeway said:

Finally got into level 2 support at Motorola. they tell me that Mac OS 10.8 and 10.9 don't support Android file transfer. All he could do was apologize for it. I guess it's Apple's way of forcing you to buy their phones. 

The phone is recognized on my PC, it's just the wretched Mac that doesn't see it. 

Told the guy at Motorola that they should warn people on their website, or at least remove the links for Mac on the help page. 

I will try some of the suggested apps above though. Thank you.

View original

Hi Captain,

My own experience contradicts to what you've been told by Motorola techusupport. AFT for Mac perfectly works with any version of OS X up to 10.10 aka Yosemite, including 10.9 aka Mavericks. At least, I had no problems with exchanging files between my new Moto G (2nd gen.) and a few Macs at my disposal.

What you really need to make sure is to connect USB cable to the phone while phone's display is not sleeping. If AFT was not launched, it'll be invoked automatically and show you your phone contents.

Hejwitch
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 19

This really helped me - thanks guys - all working and lovely yes

monop
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 19

Thanks to @Endorphinity, whose recommendation was the solution for me on El Capitan.

For those who missed the beginning of the thread, "AFT" refers to "Android File Transfer", which you can get at https://www.android.com/filetransfer/.

connect [the] USB cable to the phone while phone's display is not sleeping. If AFT was not launched, it'll be invoked automatically and show you your phone contents.

View original

Jcdrwll
What's DOS?
Views: 1,723
Message 17 of 19

AFT still not working for me  Starting to think this is just a shixxy phone tbh. disappointed as had high hopes for it

Sort it out Lenovo

swingdancerken
What's DOS?
Views: 582
Message 18 of 19

I discovered that when I have the phone connected to my Mac by USB and get the message to reconnect it, I had to pull down the status bar from the top of my screen. That gives me the choice to change from Charge with USB to File Transfer.

Hope this helps

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/android-series/moto-g4-plus/tutorials#/devic...

Highlighted
PReinie
Paper Tape
Views: 22
Message 19 of 19

USB isn't available on my G6 pull-down from the top.

For my G6 (Android 8.0.0) I had to go to Settings > Connected devices > USB > and click on Transfer files (which likely includes photos but there is a separate option for Transfer photos (PTP). I guess PTP doesn't allow access to other files like documents, contacts, etc.

By the way, I notice that if you do pick other than charge device it appears to charge anyway. 

I bet the charge only option is so you can charge at kiosks or someone else's computer without allowing data transfer.

Top Kudoed Authors