Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cod3name47
Paper Tape
Views: 688
Message 1 of 7

Enhanced 4g network support

When will Moto turbo xt1225 get volte support i.e. enhanced 4g connectivity????

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 674
Message 2 of 7

Re: Enhanced 4g network support

@Cod3name47 wrote:

No one here knows if it will. This is a peer to peer forum, so those answers are not known by anyone here. 

My personal feeling is that the Moto Maxx and Moto Turbo will only receive security updates at this point. Neither is slated for N, and so I think 6.0.1 and the features it has now, are all it will get. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 670
Message 3 of 7

@Cod3name47 wrote:

Hi Cod3name47,

This may also depends on your carrier if they carry 4G network signal. Suggest to contact your carrier and see if they could support 4G in your area.

Jess

Motorola Support

Cod3name47
Paper Tape
Views: 667
Message 4 of 7

Sorry Jess but  I am using 4g carrier and I need volte which is already there in the droid turbo Verizon model....but not in global version Smiley Sad

Thank you for the quick reply...

Cod3name47
Paper Tape
Views: 666
Message 5 of 7

Android N won't be there as this phone is older...but this phone has connectivity band for enhanced 4g but it's locked....so I asked that question.....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 664
Message 6 of 7

@Cod3name47 wrote:

Android N won't be there as this phone is older...but this phone has connectivity band for enhanced 4g but it's locked....so I asked that question.....

VoLTE is a feature, not a band. The phone supports all the LTE bands it is going to support. Phones don't get LTE bands added. 

As for VoLTE - it requires updates from carrier and sometimes the manufacturer. Since the Moto Turbo/Maxx launched in areas without VolTE, they didn't ship with it. Verizon has had VoLTE for a number of years, so many phones shipped with that feature enabled. 

Maybe if enough people in your geographic region with Moto Maxx/Turbo contacted the carrier you may see support for VoLTE on the phone. But like I said, I don't see a 2 year old phone getting this feature when there are no new sales, and most users by new phones. Just my realistic opinion. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Cod3name47
Paper Tape
Views: 658
Message 7 of 7

Sorry if my knowledge is bit outdated but as per my study... bands are not open...it shows 2300mhz in its specifications and even in the phone info in testing mode....but u can't select that mode....

On the other hand my Moto e 2nd gen has volte already....and am using both phones in same region...where we didn't have volte at the time of launch of moto e 4g.

Thanks for sharing knowledge...help me to improve if I am wrong.