02-05-2015 12:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone had such a problem with the main camera (the 'selfie' one is working OK): now everytime I try to use the camera (default Motorola Camera, Google Camera, Instagram, CameraZoom, etc) it will display a message box saying 'Camera error. Restart camera'. Two weeks ago it worked now and then, with pink stripes and with a strange offset/dislocation.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-05-2015 01:51 PM
Can you try using the camera while in Safe mode? Maybe there is some 3rd party app that is causing the problem. If any app is using the camera you will get this error. Let us know what you find in Safe mode.
I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.
02-08-2015 06:01 AM
Thanks in advance for your time and attention. Just restarted my Maxx, according to your instructions - it´s in Safe Mode. But still no luck - it says "Camera error. Please restart camera" when I try to use the default Camera app (version 184.108.40.206).
Besides I think I should have provided some background information:
- The front camera (the 'selfie' one) is working 100% - Instagram and other apps can access and shoot pics without problem. The default app mentioned above can not switch to the front camera, though.
- On some ocasions (not uniform behaviour), the back camera started working again for some time - to die some days later.
- Non rooted/modified Moto Maxx, Brazilian Version (XT1125)
- Android 4.4.4 / 21.11.quark_retbr.en.BR tefbr
- I´ve already cleaned the cache twice; and did a factory restore 3 times.
- Last cache cleanup: 2 weeks ago; Last factory restore: 1 month ago.
03-21-2017 09:23 PM
I'm having the same problem too. I've never installed a root in my phone. I went to support and they said that the problem is in mainboard and they're are asking me half the prize that I've paid on my cellphone to change the mainboard.
I'm kinda sad, because I love so much Motorola products, and it is disappointing me.
03-28-2017 11:55 AM
03-28-2017 11:56 AM