Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norbies
Core Memory
Views: 1,723
Message 1 of 9

Moto Maxx (BR) Back Camera not working

Hello everyone;

Just wondering if anyone had such a problem with the main camera (the 'selfie' one is working OK): now everytime I try to use the camera (default Motorola Camera, Google Camera, Instagram, CameraZoom, etc) it will display a message box saying 'Camera error. Restart camera'. Two weeks ago it worked now and then, with pink stripes and with a strange offset/dislocation.

Anyone?

moto[0] PT550 / moto[1] Elite / moto[2] C333 / moto[3] Milestone I / moto[4] Milestone II / moto[5] Milestone 3 / moto[6] RAZR HD / moto[7] MotoMAXXbr / moto[8] Moto X Pure / moto[9] Moto Z2 Force Power Edition [br-ret]
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,703
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto Maxx (BR) Back Camera not working

Can you try using the camera while in Safe mode? Maybe there is some 3rd party app that is causing the problem. If any app is using the camera you will get this error. Let us know what you find in Safe mode. 

Instructions:

1. While your device is turned ON, press and hold the Power button.

2. When the menu appears, tap and hold Power off option for a few seconds.

3. A prompt should appear asking if you want to reboot into Safe Mode. Hit OK.

4. Done!

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Norbies
Core Memory
Message 3 of 9

Hello joelbon; 

Thanks in advance for your time and attention. Just restarted my Maxx, according to your instructions - it´s in Safe Mode. But still no luck - it says "Camera error. Please restart camera" when I try to use the default Camera app (version 4.0.7.5).

Besides I think I should have provided some background information: 

- The front camera (the 'selfie' one) is working 100% - Instagram and other apps can access and shoot pics without problem. The default app mentioned above can not switch to the front camera, though. 

- On some ocasions (not uniform behaviour), the back camera started working again for some time - to die some days later. 

- Non rooted/modified Moto Maxx, Brazilian Version (XT1125)

- Android 4.4.4 / 21.11.quark_retbr.en.BR tefbr

- I´ve already cleaned the cache twice; and did a factory restore 3 times.

- Last cache cleanup: 2 weeks ago; Last factory restore: 1 month ago. 

moto[0] PT550 / moto[1] Elite / moto[2] C333 / moto[3] Milestone I / moto[4] Milestone II / moto[5] Milestone 3 / moto[6] RAZR HD / moto[7] MotoMAXXbr / moto[8] Moto X Pure / moto[9] Moto Z2 Force Power Edition [br-ret]
Matheus_sc
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

Maybe need support from warranty
EduardoCarisio
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 9

Acho que é o caso de acionar a garantia. Não está parecendo um problema só de software.

kikocastro3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,528
Message 6 of 9

Any progress on this? I have the exact same problem

baahx
What's DOS?
Views: 1,465
Message 7 of 9

I'm having the same problem too. I've never installed a root in my phone. I went to support and they said that the problem is in mainboard and they're are asking me half the prize that I've paid on my cellphone to change the mainboard. 

I'm kinda sad, because I love so much Motorola products, and it is disappointing me.

Norbies
Core Memory
Views: 1,436
Message 8 of 9

The fact is that I got my camera fixed (no changes in the mainboard) while under warranty - I should say that the Repair Shop service was great (not expected here in Brazil) - less than 3 days!

Unfortunately my guess is that you will have to pay Smiley Sad
Norbies
Core Memory
Views: 1,436
Message 9 of 9

Valeu pela resposta - o tempo passou e não agradeci.
Acionei a garantia e consertaram em menos de 2 dias.
abs