Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ferenc_MORVAI
Paper Tape
Views: 4,477
Message 1 of 9

Moto Maxx Nougat Update

Hi

I start this topic to asking the Lenovo team to consider the Moto Maxx XT1225 'Quark' Android 7.0 or even 7.1 Upgrade.
As the Moto Maxx is almost identical with the Motorola Nexus 6 maybe it is a good starting point.
The Moto Maxx is one of the most powerful and high end phone what Motorola released.
If you go back to the Motorola 2014 Q4 profit was high due to these two or three devices (Motorola Nexus 6, DROID Turbo, Moto Maxx).
It would be shame to loose a big group who choose Motorola/Lenovo High End flagship device what costed $700 back in those days.
Thank you
Best Regards
Phecabooth

Alejandro811
What's DOS?
Views: 3,328
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto Maxx Nougat Update

I have a moto maxx i really waiting for the Android Nougat , hope u can help us 

avelinocneto
What's DOS?
Views: 3,311
Message 3 of 9

I also have a Moto Maxx /Droid Turbo and I want the Nougat version too!

Help us Lenovo/Moto ...

gyarados025
Serial Port
Views: 2,956
Message 4 of 9

I have the same in India and Moto will not give Any UPDATES/PATCHES FURTHER. To keep the device alive my recommendation to Install Unoffical LineageOS (14.1 ) using TWRP (quark). That will keep your device updated and with tonnes of new features. Im currently using Li eageOS 14.1 on all my phones (incl. MXF,G3,G3-TE,MOTOE etc.. ) . 

How to install can be found on XDA 

Ferenc_MORVAI
Paper Tape
Views: 2,952
Message 5 of 9

Hi

no longer interested in that, I already gave up on Lenovo making the great phone an extension.

I sold my Moto Maxx back in April and upgraded, unfortunately cannot follow the Moto line up anymore as they lose from it overall quality. For me the value for money fell the biggest, but I also have a problem with design and hardware changes too.

My Moto Maxx still is my best phone ever had, but its a shame with(basically) one minor upgrade.

gyarados025
Serial Port
Views: 2,949
Message 6 of 9

Thats totally same as mine... I sold the same in back Dec2016 as i knew 6.0.1 will be the last of it. Mine had 5.1 preinstalled (not 4.4) and got only 1upgrade. 

If anyone is planning (or) hoping that Lenovo would roll Android7 , the best option is to run LineageOS 14.1 and im sure Android O (8.0) will surley land on it!

SRIKANTH_RAJU
What's DOS?
Views: 2,779
Message 7 of 9

eagerly waiting for the nougat update for xt1225

please do check the debugs for this mobile and release the update 

ankityp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,690
Message 8 of 9

I am using moto turbo xt1225 in india for 2 yrs. Its a good phone overall. But it has made me wait long for M update which was the only one for this phone. Not satisfied with motorola.

BG22IR
What's DOS?
Views: 1,637
Message 9 of 9

Moto Maxx Nougat

This was a High End phone, still, really good for this year, how exactly the Lenovo K6 got Nougat, while this one is still on MM?, based on just specs the Moto Maxx is capable enough to run smoothly Nougat. Is a shame seeing a really powerful device just forgotten.