Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danger2u
What's DOS?
Views: 565
Message 11 of 331

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

Rodrigo82 said:

Waiting for Android 5.0, but I'm afraid that Maxx will be not updated to the next - Android 6 maybe?

View original

why not Android 5.0.1 or 5.1?

it s a retail phone,not Verizon carrier 

Rodrigo82
Punch Card
Message 12 of 331

danger2u said:

Rodrigo82 said:

Waiting for Android 5.0, but I'm afraid that Maxx will be not updated to the next - Android 6 maybe?

View original

why not Android 5.0.1 or 5.1?

it s a retail phone,not Verizon carrier 

View original

@danger2u I guess maybe because Moto Maxx it's an specific, and not worldwide, phone. 

It's based on Droid Turbo only, and it's restrict to a few markets. Obviously Isn't the focus and priority for Motorola. 

There's various most focused phones, like Moto G and Moto X, various version of them. 

I am not complaining, of course! lol 

And I am most worried about the version 6 above the 5.01 or 5.1 because Moto Maxx will be an older phone in circa 6 months. Will be old but gold.

jegodinezc
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 331

Any updates? Anyone?

ChuckG73
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 331

I can understand why the Droid Turbo will take forever to  get Lollipop, but why has the Maxx still not gotten the update, it is a paure as the Moto X and the update doen not have to approved via a carrier right?  

danger2u
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 331

no support

no soak test

no updates

why u created this section if no one from Motorola respond us??

AyrSales
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 331

There are some news by Luciano;

First of all: peace! :-)  There is so much anger floating around this topic, I just want to reassure we're working really hard on it, and, as promised, our Moto products from 2014 and 2013 will be updated to Lollipop really soon.

At this point, you may have already heard that some people are receiving 5.0.2 based OTA pushes. That's a limited soak test roll out for some of our products in different regions of the world. The update will be pushed to a wider audience if no critical showstoppers are found by users who already received it.

Users on the 1st generation Moto products need to make sure they have the latest Motorola Updates Services from the Play Store. If you don't see it showing in your list of apps available for update (or it shows as not compatible) don't worry, it'll be available for you to download it really soon.

Updates of this nature take time. It's no secret that when 5.0 launched it still had bugs. And, when we update our products, we end up finding more bugs that need to be fixed. There are a lot of reasons for what that happen, but, basically, each phone has a unique set of components and a way they interact. When Google creates a new release, they don't validate it for all the possible combinations there are, and they won't fix anything that's not reproducible on a Nexus device, that's our job.

I hope you can appreciate the time we spend rounding up the performance and making sure you can continue to enjoy the awesome smooth experience of the amazing Moto products you've come to know and love.

Thank you all for the loyalty and support!

Matheus_sc
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 331

Hope comes soon, but i lillte sad about moto g and x having Lollipop before moto maxx
Iagao
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 331

Galera, gostaria de participar do soak test do Moto Maxx, alguém tem alguma sugestão de quando se inicia? 

PS: Existem brasileiros nesse post?

EDIT - Moved post to Lollipop Thread - Alphdog

navjot11
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 331

I grew old now waiting for lollypop. Don't know if moto is really gonna update? Any news yet?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 331

There is never any news except for rumors and conjecture. Motorola will only say after it has been released. There is no news.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.