Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
litodj
What's DOS?
Views: 478
Message 51 of 331

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

MarcM mencionada:

... and more ironic you found it too and took the time to reply to my reply. Smiley Wink Reading the thread and posting my comment doesn't equate to me camping out waiting for an update and hypocrisy is being insinuated.  It's called momentary boredom, casual curiosity, a sarcastic post and thus forum thread notification.  I did care at one point about the update, admittedly yes.  It's now moot. I get an updated OS when it shows though 4.4.4 works fine.  Until then, life goes on with things that matter. Everything is a distraction and all vanity.  Time to go run and roll around naked thru the snow... later!

Visualizar o original

HAHAHA, "momentary boredon" made me laugh, seriously. I have always being a NEXUS user since N1 and when I decided to replace my N5, the Moto X was receiving the Lollipop and I thought: Well, Motorola is updating their their devices pretty fast, the MAXX is an impressive machine, so I'll give it a try and should get the Lollipop (which I was already using with the N5) in a matter of days. 

Well, I was wrong. Although I had loved the MAXX, I really miss the new notifications and the smoothness of ARM instead of Dalvik runtime. Due to the fact I as accustomed to receive updates "on the fly", I am selling my MAXX and ordering a NEXUS 6. Its a shame, I could wait for a couple of mothns with an ETA for update but not even the soak started yet on a high end device.

P.S. Come run around naked in Brazil, its much warmer and you'll go unoticed during the carnival...LOL

MarcM
Paper Tape
Message 52 of 331

litodj said:

Well, I was wrong. Although I had loved the MAXX, I really miss the new notifications and the smoothness of ARM instead of Dalvik runtime.

P.S. Come run around naked in Brazil, its much warmer and you'll go unoticed during the carnival...LOL

View original

You can change your MAXX to use ART runtime instead of DALVIK in Developers Options on your phone (there is a now-massive thread somewhere in the Maxx/Ultra forum on how to do it.  I've been using the ART runtime for... hmm... 6 months I guess.  Most of the apps have been fixed to run with 5.xx now.  Phone runs slick (now) and am quite happy w/4.4.4 running ART.  5.xx is purported to run ART as native instead of DALVIK anyway.

litodj
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 331

MarcM mencionada:

You can change your MAXX to use ART runtime instead of DALVIK in Developers Options on your phone (there is a now-massive thread somewhere in the Maxx/Ultra forum on how to do it.  I've been using the ART runtime for... hmm... 6 months I guess.  Most of the apps have been fixed to run with 5.xx now.  Phone runs slick (now) and am quite happy w/4.4.4 running ART.  5.xx is purported to run ART as native instead of DALVIK anyway.

Visualizar o original

I did that on day one, but then I had lots of problems with apps re-compiling every reboot and others force quitting, but you have a point, most of the apps have been updated since 5.X release, so I'll give it a try again and maybe I'll wait til the end of March for a Maxx update..LOL.... Tks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 54 of 331

@MarcM - your profile says you are using the Droid MAXX - this is not the same phone as the Moto MAXX - the Moto MAXX has problems with using ART under KitKat. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
litodj
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 331

AlphaDog mencionada:

@MarcM - your profile says you are using the Droid MAXX - this is not the same phone as the Moto MAXX - the Moto MAXX has problems with using ART under KitKat. 

Visualizar o original

You're right AlphaDog, I tried again, it was smooth and didn't have as much "force quittings" as before but on the first reboot all apps recompiled again.

@AlphaDog, this official Motorola blog stated the roll out of Lollipop for soak test in Brazil last Feb 11th - I am on the Motorola Feedback Network but did not receive any update, do you know the criteria to receive updates? Is it based on device serial number? Special skills? Random? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 56 of 331

I can't say how users are picked for soak test. Some things depend on how helpful a person is on the forums, some are random. Some are just ordinary people. If you signed up, then you have a chance, but keep in mind that many people sign up, and the tests are limited to a smaller group. 

If you are using ART on KK, the recompile every reboot is a known issue. ART Is not recommended for the Moto MAXX under KK. If you switch back to Dalvik it will recompile on the first boot. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
whit11
SCSI Port
Message 57 of 331

I think the selectees will come from a broad arena this is to get a more accrute/picture and use of the the device and it associated equipment to include apps usage and how they may or may not distrup the system. This will give Motorola engineering a better vintage point to work from. I have did beta testing and aviation related testing on equipment and most of the time we will let the end user give us feed back on what they think and what they feel is going wrong with the product. I believe if you are here that is your mindset so rest well and if you are selected stay within the guidelines and stay focus on the testing at hand because we are counting on you!!!!

Whit1
LemmyCaution
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 331

" It's now moot. I get an updated OS when it shows though 4.4.4 works fine.  Until then, life goes on with things that matter. Everything is a distraction and all vanity. "

++++

MarcM
Paper Tape
Message 59 of 331

My error.
Arcaneck
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 331

i just want to know if someone have the saok from mexico, because i see that the only soak running around the internet is form brazil and i dot want to use this firmware, any one have the saok from mexico?