Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alextor
What's DOS?
Views: 357
Message 81 of 331

Re: Official Lollipop (Android 5.x) News here

I changed my z2 for "moto maxx" now z2 has lollipop ... moto maxx has not been updated since it went on sale.

Now they say that is available to "select users"

Under this logic the "not selected" Users are small matter for Motorola

I never felt so disappointed of a brand

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 82 of 331

MarcM said:

If they did, they're not allowed to talk about it.  It's a major part of being in the soak test.  Sort of like the Non-Disclosure Agreement I signed for Bose, Digital Equipment (Compaq), US Gov't, bbn/GTE Internetworking (Genuity), etc.  "Sign here and shut up.  You see nothing, you know nothing.  Practice your knuckle-dragging drooling limp-leg ape masquerade."  Half the subscribers here could have Lollipop, nobody but they and Motorola would know that.

View original

That's not entirely true. When people are testing, they can't post in the public forums.  By the time they post in here, they can talk about the OS and get help just like everyone else,  but they can never talk about the test, or what happened in the test.  

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 83 of 331

litodj said:

Six days have elapsed since the "oficial release" date for "select" users to receive 5.0.2 (already obsolete).

I wasn't selected for soak test, so I was not expecting to be "selected" for updates on the first hours. Now six days have elapsed. 

I am still on KK and couldn't be more frustrated, simply because does not make any sense for me to own a high end device with "obsolete" software, plain and simple.

Frustrated. That's the word. And by the lack of responses from my fellow countrymen, NO ONE registered at these Motorola forums received the 5.0.2 update.

Makes one wonder doesn't it?   

Frustrated. 

View original

I am sorry you are bitter, but your statement is not logical. Lollipop is on less then 10% of phones, and half of those are running 5.0 - so 5.0.2 is not obsolete. 5.1 is out for a few  devices, but not many. 

I am sorry none of your countrymen responded. Updates rollout slowly. You will get it eventually - others have been waiting a lot longer. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MarcM
Paper Tape
Message 84 of 331

Just as an FYI, during a "who's phone is better than whose" banter, a co-worker with an LG G3 has 5.0.1.  Hates it.  Says battery life has gone down and it's laggy.   I'm sure it'll be (or has in 5.0.2) be fixed.  In the meantime, I'm happily sailing along with 4.4.4

Crowned
Paper Tape
Message 85 of 331

I'm using a Soak test Lollipop on my Moto and it is incridible stable, I did not feel any lag or bug. When the final version come out, it will be amazing. Just can't wait until 5.1
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 86 of 331

octaviobdb said:

I'm using a Soak test Lollipop on my Moto and it is incridible stable, I did not feel any lag or bug. When the final version come out, it will be amazing. Just can't wait until 5.1View original

Please DON'T DO THIS!.

Side loading updates is not approved by Motorola and can void your warranty.

Also, it will likely prevent you from getting future OTA updates. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Crowned
Paper Tape
Message 87 of 331

This uses the OTA that Motorola gave to Soak testers, is like I'm a tester, and I didn't use bootloader and things like that.
I put an archive, rebooted the phone, and appeared an notification on Maxx about Lollipop, then I installed and ta-da, 5.0.2 on my phone
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 88 of 331

octaviobdb said:

This uses the OTA that Motorola gave to Soak testers, is like I'm a tester, and I didn't use bootloader and things like that. I put an archive, rebooted the phone, and appeared an notification on Maxx about Lollipop, then I installed and ta-da, 5.0.2 on my phoneView original

If the file was not delivered OTA to your phone from Motorola then it is not official. The update servers have no record you received and you will probably not get OTA updates from Motorola. 

This method is not supported by Motorola. 

Crowned
Paper Tape
Message 89 of 331

At least I got Lollipop, I bought Moto Maxx because of the updates, if I don't get by one way, I get by another.
whit11
SCSI Port
Message 90 of 331

Our focus should be that of reviewing the software quality and the pro's and con's on our device and sending that information to quality/production control so that they can push out a high end product for us all. So if you don't get selected and if you should...go through the software with a fine tooth comb and make it a better product for the end user's. After all that's why we are here.