cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aatif_Ashraf
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,247
Message 1 of 3

Phone shutting down suddenly having 5% battery left. Moto Turbo (XT1225)

I purchased my Moto Turbo (XT1225) on 6th October, 2016. Its a new phone. It came with lollipop pre-installed but after upgrading to marshmallow my phone automatically shuts down with 5% battery left.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,207
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone shutting down suddenly having 5% battery left. Moto Turbo (XT1225)

@Aatif_Ashraf wrote:

I purchased my Moto Turbo (XT1225) on 6th October, 2016. Its a new phone. It came with lollipop pre-installed but after upgrading to marshmallow my phone automatically shuts down with 5% battery left.

You can try recalibrating the battery - with the phone on, hold power button for about 15 seconds until phone reboots. Then plug phone into wall charger and allow to charge to 100% and stay on charger for 1 hour afterwards. 

Some phones just shut down at different % when you get low. So this may or may not fix it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Aatif_Ashraf
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,197
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone shutting down suddenly having 5% battery left. Moto Turbo (XT1225)

Screenshot_20161018-094522.pngI solved this issue by a different method. Firstly when my phone switched off I continuously tried to power on by pressing the power button for 5 seconds till the battery got drained to completely zero. I repeated this several times after getting 3% battery and it worked. Now my phone shut downs at 0-1%.