Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ankityp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,299
Message 1 of 19

when will moto turbo xt1225 get 6.0 update.??

when will moto turbo xt1225 get 6.0 update.?? Is it ever going to get any update??

its so unusual from motorola.

I will have to switch to some other brand flagship device, atleast they will give update.

all moto turbo xt1225 users please raise to this and let motorola know, that it can happen to them what has happened to HTC.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,256
Message 2 of 19

Re: when will moto turbo xt1225 get 6.0 update.??

Anything with Verizon's name on it includes Verizon in the update process. 

this is a user to user forum, and Motorola doesn't offer dates until the software is in the process of being released, so no one can answer the question regarding timing.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
QuantumTao
Paper Tape
Views: 1,219
Message 3 of 19

moto turbo xt1225 is in soak test #4 now. update is imminent.

QuantumTao
Paper Tape
Views: 1,218
Message 4 of 19

xt1225 is not a verizon phone.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,212
Message 5 of 19

@QuantumTao wrote:

xt1225 is not a verizon phone.

This forum is for Droid Turbo. That is a Verizon branded phone. If you meant to discuss the Moto Turbo, there is a forum for that.  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-MAXX-MOTO-TURBO/bd-p/357

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
KarlBeckman
802.11n
Views: 1,126
Message 6 of 19

When you purchased that phone (which is NOT a Verizon Droid Turbo) you bought a smartphone with a working software operating system, just as I purchased a new SUV from Ford Motor Co at about the same time. I don't expect Ford to upgrade my 2015 car to all the new software applications that are coming on the 2017 model; why do you think that Motorola is required to update your phone in a similar fashion because a 3rd party Google has made changes to their proprietary operating system? Next, comparing Verizon's role as provider of the 3G and 4G telephonic tollroad highway networks, do you expect your city, county, and state to re-stripe all their roadways with new more highly reflective lane marking paint just so that someone who buys a new car with 'driverless' accessory options can more easily stay within its traffic lane? More to the point, why should you insist that the manufacturer and network provider design, test, and install those changes at their (significant) cost on a time schedule that you, not they, arbitrarily determine to be sufficient for the work involved?

ah42
HDMI
Views: 1,114
Message 7 of 19

This analogy is wrong on so many levels. The main one being Android updates don't just provide new functionality, they provide much needed security patches for known vulnerabilities. I'll let one of the most popular android blogs on the net do the explaining, and also give evidence of just how bad Motorola has become in this department. Give this article a read. "If You Care About Software Updates or Security, Stop Buying Motorola DROID Phones"

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,103
Message 8 of 19

@ah42 wrote:

This analogy is wrong on so many levels. The main one being Android updates don't just provide new functionality, they provide much needed security patches for known vulnerabilities. I'll let one of the most popular android blogs on the net do the explaining, and also give evidence of just how bad Motorola has become in this department. Give this article a read. "If You Care About Software Updates or Security, Stop Buying Motorola DROID Phones"

But you are talking about a CARRIER BRANDED phone - that is very different discusson from other Motorola phones - all recent non-carrier branded phones got Lollipop or higher. 

But I won't buy any carrier branded phone ever again.... 

As for security patches and updates... check out other manufacturers. Moto has most of the beat on most of their phones. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,098
Message 9 of 19

It's perfectly obvious that we all want Marshmallow.  I subscribe to this group to keep up to date but I am getting frustrated with posts several a day making the same point over and over again.  I am usually the first to say that people should take action when they want something, however when it's obvious from the previous posts and other topics that this is a known issue, there is no value in repeating what other people have said.

I am a former employee not a support professional so any help I offer here is as a fellow user.
JohnJay
Punch Card
Views: 1,036
Message 10 of 19

I could not agree less with your analysis.