Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: GPS issue and quirky camera access

2013-10-03, 1:55 AM

I'm in the same boat on GPS.... Seems some of the Verizon models may have a defect in the GPS, or its a software glitch in 4.2.2 and 4.3 will fix. I'm hoping for the later but my GPS will not only not pinpoint my location quickly, it also is struggling to do navigation like it is only picking up network location and updating randomly.

Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 12 of 17

2013-10-03, 3:05 AM

rcmotox said:

Well Google maps does load almost instantly if I press for my location. Doesn't always do it automatically. Even Google now sometimes tells me it will take 10 minutes from me to get home from the gym, and I've already been home for almost half an hour. What bugs me more are third party apps such as Facebook and Foursquare. It takes a minutes, sometimes more to locate. 

View original

Happens to me every day.   Tells me that my commute home is 18 minutes and I'm already home.  

One of the few bugs that really annoys me.

Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 13 of 17

2013-10-03, 7:33 AM

I tried reply email again and from my hotmail, yes I see those boxes( but from my moto x using hotmail as a corporate account, I don't get the boxes to reply between to post. So for mobile use I'm sad to say reply by email does not work which defeats the need for reply by email for me.

Back to business, i tried GPS status and toolbox for 10 minutes with no GPS lock at all. I tried clearing my settings and several other options with no luck. So I think that confirms my fear that the GPS is broke on my early build of Moto X. What is others thoughts?

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 14 of 17

2013-10-03, 8:33 AM

nascar2555 said:

I tried reply email again and from my hotmail, yes I see those boxes( but from my moto x using hotmail as a corporate account, I don't get the boxes to reply between to post. So for mobile use I'm sad to say reply by email does not work which defeats the need for reply by email for me.

Back to business, i tried GPS status and toolbox for 10 minutes with no GPS lock at all. I tried clearing my settings and several other options with no luck. So I think that confirms my fear that the GPS is broke on my early build of Moto X. What is others thoughts?

View original

If you couldn't get a lock with GPS status and you cleared all the GPS data and still couldn't get a lock than I would say you are coming to that replacement/repair point. 

I haven't read the entire thread, but if you haven't tried a factory data reset then I would suggest trying that. This would be the last step in trying resolve the problem. If that doesn't resolve the problem then you are definitely at the stage where you need to call Verizon/Motorola for replacement/repair.

I will leave who you call and what you want repair/replacement up to you. It can vary with each individual. HTH

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 15 of 17

2013-10-03, 17:17 PM

I have seen the persistent Google Now card -- telling me I'm X minutes from home when I have arrived. But I have always been able to open Maps and get a quick fix on current location. When you see a persisting Google Now card, what do you see when you open Maps?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

2013-10-06, 3:08 AM

ehefner said:

@nascar

I'll assume you've verified that GPS Satellites is checked under the Settings->Location access, so 3 quick followups:. 

1. When running "GPS Status & Toolbox",  can you verify if the GPS bulls-eye icon is present, blinking or completely absent?

2. If the icon is absent, please try disabling GPS Satellites in the location settings, powering the phone fully off, back on, and after it's powered up, re-enabling GPS Satellites from the location settings. Then, try running "GPS Status & Toolbox".

3. Are you by chance using a custom home screen launcher application?

Thanks,

Eric

View origina
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 17 of 17

2013-10-06, 3:13 AM

The Post from ehefner that I just posted fixed my issue, at least temporarily with my GPS.... But mine came from factory with this bug and it took Step number 2 tonight to fix it. I received this phone about 5 days after launch day and I tried GPS that first night and it didn't work right and tonight is the first time I received a signal from GPS.

Definitely a Bug in either Moto X or Android 4.2.2 that is causing this, however  Number 2 does fix it. But I think some time on Motorola's part might need to be investigated to see why it stopped working in the first place and I hope that this won't happen again but I time will tell. I'm just glad my GPS wasn't defective and I don't have to swap out my phone!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms