02-23-2017

HR

3 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto X AT&T 1st GEN Boot loop after OTA

2017-02-23, 17:46 PM

After summer 2016 and final OTA phone starred to act strangly. Random shutdowns and loops. Now I am stuck at boot loop but can access fastboot. I even can't do a stock rom flash with RSD Lite or fastboot/mfastboot. I have downloaded latest rom which should be accepted by my phone but it fail to flash. Rebooting, factory reset, safe mode, clear cache etc. do not work I am aware that phone can not be downgraded to 4.4.2 after OTA unless with unlocked bootloader and latest OTA is exactly the problem.  Any help except "you need to take your phone to repair"? Here's output of getvar in attach.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto X AT&T 1st GEN Boot loop after OTA

2017-02-23, 18:06 PM

wrote:

After summer 2016 and final OTA phone starred to act strangly. Random shutdowns and loops. Now I am stuck at boot loop but can access fastboot. I even can't do a stock rom flash with RSD Lite or fastboot/mfastboot. I have downloaded latest rom which should be accepted by my phone but it fail to flash. Rebooting, factory reset, safe mode, clear cache etc. do not work I am aware that phone can not be downgraded to 4.4.2 after OTA unless with unlocked bootloader and latest OTA is exactly the problem.  Any help except "you need to take your phone to repair"? Here's output of getvar in attach.

Motorola didn't release a stock ROM for any AT&T variant phone. So whatever you downloaded is suspect. 

We can't help with flashing here. And RSD is considered pirated software. 

I am sorry, but you will have to ask on other forums that cater to modding/flashing. 

The only advice available here for a phone that is stuck in a bootloop, not fixable by external reset, is service. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

02-23-2017

HR

3 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-02-23, 19:00 PM

Thanks for fast reply...two questions though why Motorola doesn't offer to unlock bootloader for every phone and is there any official software to flash to stock firmware like others have? I didn't have choice but to find all possible alternatives.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-02-23, 19:25 PM

wrote:

Thanks for fast reply...two questions though why Motorola doesn't offer to unlock bootloader for every phone and is there any official software to flash to stock firmware like others have? I didn't have choice but to find all possible alternatives.

Motorola does offer an unlockable boot loader version for most phones - you just have to purchase a non-carrier branded phone. If the phone says ATT, Verizon, Sprint, Cricket, Tracfone, etc. then it is almost always permanently locked.  This is the nature of a carrier branded phone. 

But even for phones with unlockable bootloader, there is not always a ROM available. Hopefully Moto will make more Roms available. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete