India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 7

Restricted Access Changed;

2014-08-07, 1:45 AM
Hello Moto,

I have been using Moto X since couple of months. I have been observing a notifiction "Restricted Access Changed; Emergency service blocked". I have no idea what is responsible for this notification. I am using the official Nano SIM, so no question of manual SIM cutting. Network provider is Relience(India). Its happening ever since I have unboxed the phone. Just now updated to KitkT 4.4.4 with a hope that it might have gotten resolved, but seeing the same and now quite often.

Similar thread are present for Moto G as well. Please confirm about this issue and let me know what I need to do to resolve it.

Thanks
Options

4740 Posts

06-19-2010

US

101 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Restricted Access Changed;

2014-08-14, 1:40 AM

Have you contacted your carrier about this issue?

This sounds more like a network issue. I'm not very familiar with Relience, but I would start there and see what they say.

Thanks,

J

Options

3 Posts

08-07-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 7

2014-08-16, 2:41 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I would not suspect it is related to the network carrier. It was fine before I switched it in moto X. I have noticed the same thing with another moto X of my friend as well. It seems to be some bug or extra security check by moto X, I am not sure though.

It seems to be happen more frequently when the phone is in 2G network. And when I touch the notofication it would not take me to anywhere, just erase that notification.

FYI, I have seen many thread about similar problem accross many carrier in Moto G. I am surprised there is no thread related to this issue for Moto X , or might be I overlooked it.

Please confirm or let us know how to get rid of this notifications. It also blocks the network for some time...

Thanks.
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 4 of 7

2014-08-16, 2:49 AM

In another thread, it was mentioned that it is a carrier message. You might want to try contacting them.  They might be able to tell you why it's happening.

Options

26 Posts

12-19-2015

India

20 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 5 of 7

2015-09-12, 15:03 PM

Hi,

From last few days I am facing this issue that My mobile (Moto X 2013) losses signal and then never recovers untill I restarts.

I am getting following type of messages in my notification area:

1. Restricted Access Changed "Voice service blocked"

2. Restricted Access Changed "Data service blocked"

3. Restricted Access Changed "Emergency service blocked"

I searched many workarounds or fixes, none of them worked out for me except restarting my mobile which is quite painful when frequency of these messages day by day increasing.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 6 of 7

2015-09-12, 17:48 PM

droidsumit said:

Hi,

From last few days I am facing this issue that My mobile (Moto X 2013) losses signal and then never recovers untill I restarts.

I am getting following type of messages in my notification area:

1. Restricted Access Changed "Voice service blocked"

2. Restricted Access Changed "Data service blocked"

3. Restricted Access Changed "Emergency service blocked"

I searched many workarounds or fixes, none of them worked out for me except restarting my mobile which is quite painful when frequency of these messages day by day increasing.

View original

Have you tried replacing the SIM card.  Might be bad connections.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

1 Posts

01-04-2017

IN

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 7 of 7

2017-01-04, 3:14 AM

I have the same issue with my first gen Moto X for the past one month and I have been using the device for a couple of years now with the same operator - Airtel. No change in data plans either.  This seems to be occuring only on Moto and Nexus phones and the network provider has no clue why.  Various recommendations on the web suggest blocking notifications which I do not want to do.  For a few minutes after this notification appears, voice and data are both blocked. Mobile phones are also used in emegency situations and it is quite frustrating when one is completely cut off from network for no reason. Can someone please take steps to help folks facing this issue resolve this with a proper solution rather than suggest work arounds?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete