Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

09-17-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 141 of 163

Re: T-Mobile - Moto X shipping

2013-09-24, 12:21 PM

Matt, 

I'm just finally able to get my phone today ... a full 8 days (6 business days) after ordering.

Recap: Ordered Monday 9/16, order showed 1-2 business days to process and 2 business days shipping.

Assured on this forum, by you, that the quoted deliveries were valid, to the best of your knowledge on 9/17.

Had my order escalated at some point, but not really sure if this did any good.

When i checked with fedex yesterday, they said the package was shipped ground.

Questions:

1. What happened last week?  Why was Motorola not able to deliver "in stock" phones in a timely manner?

2. Why were the Sunday orders upgraded to overnight/Saturday delivery, and the Monday orders left on ground shipping?

Please help me understand what happened and why.  I am disappointed to have to wait 6 business days for an in stock product ... especially from a company launching its biggest phone in quite a while.  

help.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2587 Signins

65223 Page Views

• Views: 65223
  • Message 142 of 163

2013-09-24, 17:56 PM

You make excellent points. Not much I can do to "help" as this is in the past, but we do have to get faster and better.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

19 Posts

09-17-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 143 of 163

2013-09-24, 19:26 PM

Actually ... Can you help me understand the delays?  I've gotten a handful of "we need to get betters" and "we are working to get fasters" ... yet still no explanations.  

I'm not going to recount my whole story ... you know my situation well ... but after being reassured by you that the CSR's were being overly cautions twice last week, it turns out that the 7 to 10 day timeline was accurate!

I was told at some point that my order was being escalated, and yet it still shipped ground!?  Was this intended?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, or hold moto back from recovering from this ... but how am i supposed to walk away from this confident that motorola is serious about competing in this marketplace?

Options

71 Posts

03-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 144 of 163

2013-09-24, 20:14 PM

Well I just wrote a long and thoughtful response to the above post that was obliterated when the forum forgot who I was while composing it.

This forum is an unfortunate reflection of the user experience when buying this phone.

It is complicated and unfriendly and buggy and slow and  clear information is lacking.

I don't think it's fair to hold Matt accountable for your expectations about Motorola's competitive ability going forward.

I hope the device itself will leave a better taste in your mouth than the purchasing experience has.

I believe that is the best you can hope for, unfortunately.

Options

19 Posts

09-17-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 145 of 163

2013-09-24, 20:39 PM

cellzealot said:

Well I just wrote a long and thoughtful response to the above post that was obliterated when the forum forgot who I was while composing it.

This forum is an unfortunate reflection of the user experience when buying this phone.

It is complicated and unfriendly and buggy and slow and  clear information is lacking.

I don't think it's fair to hold Matt accountable for your expectations about Motorola's competitive ability going forward.

I hope the device itself will leave a better taste in your mouth than the purchasing experience has.

I believe that is the best you can hope for, unfortunately.

View original

cellzealot, 

I know EXACTLY that feeling!  as i was writing my response to matt, that happened to me twice!  The third time may have sounded less thoughtful and polished than the first two.

I'm not holding matt accountable for the bad experience, but he did tell me on the 17th, and again on the 18th that the ship times were valid ... and then in addition he confirmed that my order had been escalated.  Yet my order still arrived with ground shipping ... which has me kind of pissed.  I'd like to know what happened, and why.  

I know that it isn't matt's fault, but he is the only link i have to get some answers.  How can i feel confident about this if i never get any answers about the why, or even an apology .... something.  I mean make me feel good about this ... help me understand that my experience is unique, and that moto will improve in the future.  additionally, i ordered my device in the second week, to hopefully avoid some of these difficulties.

i hope the device improves my viewpoint dramatically as well .... i want moto to be successful.  i skipped the s4 and htc one to wait for this device. i've been with moto through the startac, and lost my mind when i used a v551 that had intelitap texting! ... even now, i've rocked the bravo well past its useful life ... ...and my daily phone right now is an atirx 4g

Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 146 of 163

2013-09-24, 21:06 PM
For all of you that have suffered a poor experience - for whatever reason - I truly feel for you.   I am not with Motorola and will not not comment publicly but I do think that Motorola is potentially missing a huge customer service opportunity here.
Satisfied customers are not always loyal customers, their needs might have been met but there's nothing exceptional to hold them. I do know there are ways to collect a credit/debit card number and NOT hold funds, just as there should be a guaranteed delivery date or some compensatory service/item provided.
There are many 'great' phones - if Moto or any other wants to increase market share then they will have to bundle superior service with their superior phones.
Just my 2 cents. Worth as much unless you're taking Thorazine.
With that out of the way I am impressed how fast Motorola is delivering an OTA update to address many of the concerns here. For those of us that are months away from updating I can only be envious.
Options

71 Posts

03-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 147 of 163

2013-09-24, 21:17 PM

Nice, the forum just did it again!

I have better things to do than waste my time here trying to explain my feelings about all of this horrendous customer experience.

Sorry...I tried.

Options

19 Posts

09-17-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 148 of 163

2013-09-24, 21:25 PM

cellzealot said:

Nice, the forum just did it again!

I have better things to do than waste my time here trying to explain my feelings about all of this horrendous customer experience.

Sorry...I tried.

View original

i feel for you. i've started copying my response before pushing "post answer" .... 

Options

2 Posts

09-24-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 149 of 163

2013-09-24, 21:53 PM

I don't think this is an earth shattering situation but

we have the right to expect a company that declares shipping times at the time of ordering to meet them, the failure of Moto to do so does not appear to be an isolated situation

there is an easy fix..... just provide accurate projections and then stick to them. So instead of reporting how hard the company is trying (and obviously failing) to meet commitments, just change them to what is realistic.

Is that too much to ask/expect?

Is honesty not an appropriate expectation?

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 150 of 163

2013-09-24, 22:42 PM

gfrnd said:

I don't think this is an earth shattering situation but

we have the right to expect a company that declares shipping times at the time of ordering to meet them, the failure of Moto to do so does not appear to be an isolated situation

there is an easy fix..... just provide accurate projections and then stick to them. So instead of reporting how hard the company is trying (and obviously failing) to meet commitments, just change them to what is realistic.

Is that too much to ask/expect?

Is honesty not an appropriate expectation?

View original

I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be to be caught in the shipping boondoggle.  And in terms of customer satisfaction, it could well be earth-shattering for Motorola and Google, because anyone who has ever sold a product or a service knows that when something goes wrong, there are some customers who will be grateful for your help in resolving the issue, and other whose loyalty you can't win back no matter what you do, and everything in between.  There's a potential serious cost to this problem.

That being said, I have to believe that Motorola and Google were pretty confident that they could meet their original shipping schedule, or they would have published something different.  That, of course, makes no difference to the customers who have waited and waited, getting more frustrated by the minute.  I truly believe that Matt has told us everything that he can, and that everything he has said has been honest.  He told us the CSRs were being too pessimistic in declaring shipping dates, and the truth of that was the people who started receiving their phones before the dates provided to them. 

So yes, you should expect accurate information, and I do hope you get some. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms