Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-19-2020

Canada

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 13

XT1049 Moto X 1st Gent Will Not Allow System Update

2021-01-08, 3:22 AM
So here's the scenario, I've recently acquired a used Moto X first gen. I've been using a Moto G first gen for many years because I like the small format of these phones, but my old phone is only 8GB whereas this new one, or new to me, is a 16GB. Now I fully understand that with these older phones, their update ability is limited, which is fine, I'm only trying to install the 5.1 Lollipop update, which is currently running my older Moto G first gen from the current 4.4.2 that the Moto X is running. I can't seem to figure out why this update is running on a phone that's two years older.... but apparently 4.4.2 is as far as this Moto X is willing to go. Any thoughts or theories would be very welcomed. Cheers

Options

964 Posts

11-24-2020

India

138 Signins

13330 Page Views

• Views: 13330
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:XT1049 Moto X 1st Gent Will Not Allow System Update

2021-01-08, 15:57 PM

@ SDG20 wrote:

So here' the scenario, I' recently acquired a used Moto X first gen. I' been using a Moto G first gen for many years because I like the small format of these phones, but my old phone is only 8GB whereas this new one, or new to me, is a 16GB. Now I fully understand that with these older phones, their update ability is limited, which is fine, I' only trying to install the 5.1 Lollipop update, which is currently running my older Moto G first gen from the current 4.4.2 that the Moto X is running. I can' seem to figure out why this update is running on a phone that' two years older.... but apparently 4.4.2 is as far as this Moto X is willing to go. Any thoughts or theories would be very welcomed. Cheers

Hi, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! Please update your profile with the carrier, and the IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

04-23-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 13

ANDROID 5.1 UPDATE NOT SHOWING FOR MOTO X 2013 RETAIL ASIA EDITION

2021-04-23, 10:56 AM

Hi, 

I recently restored Moto X 1st gen, and it works like charm, But is running stock 4.4.4 when checked for update does not show any updates. though there is 5.1 running on it.  Can the team help me here I do wanna use this phone?

Thanks

Options

964 Posts

11-24-2020

India

138 Signins

13330 Page Views

• Views: 13330
  • Message 4 of 13

Re:ANDROID 5.1 UPDATE NOT SHOWING FOR MOTO X 2013 RETAIL ASIA EDITION

2021-04-23, 14:09 PM

Hi Pritz7778

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to know about this. I will do my best to help you with this. I do see that you have already updated the profile with the IMEI number. Could you please confirm if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems? I look forward to your response. 

Also, I have merged your post into the running thread to avoid clutter and confusion.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

04-23-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2021-05-07, 15:33 PM
Hi Sunitha, Yes, it's okay with me. Kindly oblige me. Thank you,
Options

6 Posts

04-23-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2021-05-10, 9:06 AM
Hi AgentSunitha, Looking forward to a Solution to the same. KIndly oblige me.
Options

2742 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1173 Signins

50980 Page Views

• Views: 50980
  • Message 7 of 13

2021-05-13, 7:30 AM

@ Pritz7778 wrote:

Hi AgentSunitha, Looking forward to a Solution to the same. KIndly oblige me.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, looking at the details device is on the wrong build the only option would be to contact our repair center to inquire if they can flash the phone. Hope it helps.

Regards

Sandip

Options

6 Posts

04-23-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-05-13, 7:50 AM

It is the Factory Build on which the phone has come. How can it be wrong? and I get the details of what Wrong build you are talking about please, 

Thanks 

Options

5625 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3327 Signins

78531 Page Views

• Views: 78531
  • Message 9 of 13

2021-05-13, 14:07 PM

@ Pritz7778 wrote:

It is the Factory Build on which the phone has come. How can it be wrong? and I get the details of what Wrong build you are talking about please, 

Thanks 

So I'm the person who took a look at your device. I have a few questions. You mentioned you restored the phone initially. Where did you get the phone? What was the state of the phone when you receive it (build#, rooted, modified, etc)? Where did you get the software you flashed onto it? The reason I ask is the ro.carrier on the phone does not match up to the build that's currently on it. This is why you can't update it. It appears this device has been modified at one time and has not been restored to stock correctly. That being said, we are limited on what we can do to help with that. Really the only solution we can provide is to recommend having the device repaired at an official service center. 

-Tom

Options

6 Posts

04-23-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2021-05-20, 6:27 AM
Hey Tom Thanks for your revert, So the phone was purchased in India through Flipkart and came with the build of 212.44.26.ghost_row.AsiaRetail.en.03 sadly it underwent an accident and had a shattered screen, which was left for like years now until I got it restored back with a display. As I had forgotten the Password I did a factory reset from Recovery mode and started using it. and when I try to update I am getting this error. Which is why I am curious to know that the device hasn't been tinkered with any software or ROMs, how could there be a different firmware on it? So there hasn't been any build flashed / the device isn't rooted nor modified for that fact.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms