Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto X PhonesMOTO X™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Views: 210
  • Message 21 of 42

Re: Automatic Time is 7 hours off on Verizon

2015-03-09, 16:51 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks - here are the results:

Unchecking time zone and leave time checked, before you get to this area - and see if jumps. I assume it will as time zone seems unchanged based on your description.

• You're correct. It did jump.  In fact, it jumped ahead & returned to the correct time for a second or two -- but then 10-15 seconds later jumped ahead and stayed ahead.  This time something different though. Each instance, it jumped ahead by 4 hours rather than by 5 hours. (Maybe because of DST?)

Then, on the way back, before entering the area, try Unchecking time, and leave time zone checked. This should result in no time jump. 

• Again correct, no time jump -- until when I got to work (outside of the zone) and rechecked time.  When I did, it jumped ahead 4 hours.  But this time I could not correct the time by unchecking/rechecking the time and zone boxes.  It usually reverts to the correct time when I do this out of the zone, but this time it would not work to return to the correct time.  I ended up having to reboot the phone. I had both time and zone checked with I rebooted.  When the phone first came up, the time was ahead 4 hours, but then changed back to the correct time.

Thanks for your help!

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Message 22 of 42

2015-03-14, 2:02 AM

HI again Tom - Any word back from Verizon? Problem continues each & every time driving either Route 1 or I-95 from slightly north of to slightly south (and vice versa) of Gillette Stadium in Sharon MA. Problems happens as soon as I get 5 bars and when I'm out of the area (5 bars are gone) the problem is gone. Only difference now is that the time jumps 4 not 5 hours ahead.

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Message 23 of 42

2015-03-16, 18:44 PM

Unchecked both the time and the zone boxes and went to spend lunchtime in the problem area. Clock was fine in the area. Left the area and once safe away from the area, I rechecked both the time and zone boxes. Time continued to be fine.  

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 24 of 42

2015-03-16, 21:24 PM

tardis13 said:

Unchecked both the time and the zone boxes and went to spend lunchtime in the problem area. Clock was fine in the area. Left the area and once safe away from the area, I rechecked both the time and zone boxes. Time continued to be fine.  

View original

Everything you describe points to some misconfigured towers in the area. As for the time display changing only when you unlock (as stated previously) probably just how the phone handles unexpected time changes. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

6737 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85546 Page Views

• Views: 85546
  • Message 25 of 42

2015-03-20, 17:28 PM

AlphaDog said:

tardis13 said:

View original

Everything you describe points to some misconfigured towers in the area. As for the time display changing only when you unlock (as stated previously) probably just how the phone handles unexpected time changes. 

View original

I agree with AlphaDog, it appears that the towers are misconfigured in that area. I would recommend that you give Verizon a call to have them open a Network ticket to investigate the towers in that area.

Thank you,

Tom

Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Message 26 of 42

2015-03-20, 20:15 PM

MotorolaTom said:

AlphaDog said:

tardis13 said:

View original

View original

I agree with AlphaDog, it appears that the towers are misconfigured in that area. I would recommend that you give Verizon a call to have them open a Network ticket to investigate the towers in that area.

Thank you,

Tom

Motorola Support

View original

Will do. Thanks!

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Message 27 of 42

2015-03-25, 14:14 PM

No luck with Verizon Support. In order to file a network ticket, they need to cal me while I'm in the "affected area."  I set up two different appointments with them where I traveled to the area & waited for them to call me. Waited over an hour each time -- and they missed both of the appointments.  Not a happy camper.

Options

6737 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3408 Signins

85546 Page Views

• Views: 85546
  • Message 28 of 42

2015-03-25, 14:48 PM

tardis13 said:

No luck with Verizon Support. In order to file a network ticket, they need to cal me while I'm in the "affected area."  I set up two different appointments with them where I traveled to the area & waited for them to call me. Waited over an hour each time -- and they missed both of the appointments.  Not a happy camper.

View original

Hello, 

I can understand why you would be frustrated. Sadly, because this doesn't appear to be an issue with the phone, there isn't much I can do to help with this. The only thing I can recommend, is to keep reaching out to Verizon to get this resolved. Maybe you can try calling them when you're in the affected area.

Thanks,

Tom

Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Message 29 of 42

2015-03-25, 19:29 PM

Actually just got a call from Verizon Wireless asking about my issues. I gave the service rep the details. He said he's opening a ticket and will get back to me a couple of days.  He agrees with Tom and AlphaDog that since the problem is so location specific, it's likely a tower issue and not the phone. I'll post back when I hear back. Thanks for your continuing help.

Options

73 Posts

11-14-2013

United States

23 Signins

210 Page Views

• Message 30 of 42

2015-04-01, 16:50 PM

Update: Verizon Wireless went back and forth with me over a period of several days asking for info, tweaking their network settings, and asking for my status. After a few times, it's fixed.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the work that VZW put into this to fix this for me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms