10-01-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 16

Moto Assist Priority Interruptions too have no Vol

2015-10-01, 20:03 PM

I am using Moto X 2014, I have an issue with Moto assist's sleep mode functionality. I just want to know if I can change it. I can very well achieve this same functionality using lollipop's inbuilt interruptions feature. However, it would be nice to get back the old functionality of Moto Assist. 

Once the downtime starts for sleeping, as per moto assist where I have enable "Allow only priority interruptions", Priority interruptions default volume is zero. Which is contrary to the point, as the interruptions do not occur even though a starred contact is calling or messaging. I am attaching a Screenshot to make it clearer. I will be glad if anyone can help me out with it.

Options

532 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

115 Signins

858 Page Views

• Views: 858
  • Message 2 of 16

Re: Moto Assist Priority Interruptions too have no Vol

2015-10-01, 23:13 PM

This bug has plagued moto assist since the last update to the moto app. This happens because assist turns on Vibrate when Sleep mode kicks in. It shouldn't be turning on vibrate when u set it to allow priority interruptions, it should just turn on Priority.

I don't understand why they don't fix this bug, they just have to push an update to the moto app through the Play Store, it doesn't need an ota update to the whole OS...

Options

4 Posts

10-01-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 16

2015-10-02, 7:30 AM

salim.awad said:

This bug has plagued moto assist since the last update to the moto app. This happens because assist turns on Vibrate when Sleep mode kicks in. It shouldn't be turning on vibrate when u set it to allow priority interruptions, it should just turn on Priority.

I don't understand why they don't fix this bug, they just have to push an update to the moto app through the Play Store, it doesn't need an ota update to the whole OS...

View original

Thank you Salim. Let's us hope they fix this bug ASAP. Is there any way to bring it to their notice any quickly?

Options

329 Posts

06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 4 of 16

2015-10-02, 12:15 PM

Same here. I won't hear the phone vibrating if a priority call comes in. So now I've got to remember to turn up the volume before turning in. And that doesn't always happen.  ::sigh::

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 5 of 16

2015-10-02, 12:23 PM

zizzybaloobah said:

Same here. I won't hear the phone vibrating if a priority call comes in. So now I've got to remember to turn up the volume before turning in. And that doesn't always happen.  ::sigh::

View original

In the past, I have used Llama Location Profiles to automate volume changes based on location and/or time and date.  Tasker is also a great tool for this.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

532 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

115 Signins

858 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2015-10-02, 14:25 PM

rohit314 said:

salim.awad said:

View original

Thank you Salim. Let's us hope they fix this bug ASAP. Is there any way to bring it to their notice any quickly?

View original

I sure do hope so because I'm missing calendar notification and reminders while sleeping... I have already brought it to the attention of a moto employee who shared it internally with the dev team, so hope they get it fixed soon!

Options

532 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

115 Signins

858 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2015-10-02, 14:31 PM

eaccents said:

zizzybaloobah said:

View original

In the past, I have used Llama Location Profiles to automate volume changes based on location and/or time and date.  Tasker is also a great tool for this.

View original

Thanks for the suggestion, but we shouldn't have to use 3rd party apps when our phone is expected to support this natively...

Options

329 Posts

06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 8 of 16

2015-10-07, 13:03 PM

The latest update seems to have resolved the issue for me. My phone now goes into priority mode at mid-volume, instead of vibrate. On the flip side, it returns to normal mode at full volume, but at this point in the game, I'll take what I can get. (I doubt Moto is going to spend much time, if any, working on apps that they've said will no longer be included in devices running Android M)

Options

532 Posts

12-01-2013

United States

115 Signins

858 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2015-10-08, 11:07 AM

zizzybaloobah said:

The latest update seems to have resolved the issue for me. My phone now goes into priority mode at mid-volume, instead of vibrate. On the flip side, it returns to normal mode at full volume, but at this point in the game, I'll take what I can get. (I doubt Moto is going to spend much time, if any, working on apps that they've said will no longer be included in devices running Android M)

View original

Did they update the app? I haven't received any update yet...

Options

4 Posts

10-01-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2015-10-08, 11:43 AM
I haven't received the update either. When did you get it. What is your location?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete