11-08-2014

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 64

Moto X 3rd Generation

2015-01-24, 2:41 AM

Hi, I have made this thread for some recommendations to design, features, specs, etc. to the next Generation of Motorola's flagship which is also probably going be known as the Moro X (3rd Generation) if Motorola is gonna be habitual. Now I don't work for Motorola or even own a Moro X 2nd Generation but I own the first Generation. I wanna hear what users of the Moro X (2nd Generation) recommendations are to the next flagship of Motorola. I hope that the devs at Motorola stumble upon this thread and see our recommendation. 

My recommendations are: Motorola needs to focus on battery this time, the battery on the Moro x is just not cutting it, there should be no reason that Motorola has to release another phone that has 48 hour battery life it should just be all included on the flagship; another thing is they need to focus on the camera and the software used because its just not competing with the competitors; another thing is they if they ever did add a finger print ID I don't know how but it would be really cool if they could add it on the dimple on the back of the moot x; make the moto x a little smaller, like 5in is max (or at least just don't go any bigger) and just don't upgrade to 2k cuz its just not worth it for the battery; I like how moto assist works and they could make it a lot better for example when I leave home I turn off my wifi but when i come back home I keep using my data so it would be really smart if they could add another mode which would turn off wifi when it detects im in a car and turn it back on when I'm in range of my home. Things like would really be nice if they could add into their next flagship which won't be for a while. Add anything else in the comments. 

Options

2733 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 2 of 64

Re: Moto X 3rd Generation

2015-01-24, 22:07 PM

I would like to see the wireless charging.

As far as detecting the car is concerned, I was able to add such a functionality using an app called "Trigger". Try it. It is really flexible. I had it set to turn off wifi when it detects my car bluetooth and then turn it back on when I am in the vicinity of home using my gps. And there is many other possibilities.

Options

8 Posts

11-08-2014

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 64

2015-01-24, 23:21 PM

drago said:

I would like to see the wireless charging.

As far as detecting the car is concerned, I was able to add such a functionality using an app called "Trigger". Try it. It is really flexible. I had it set to turn off wifi when it detects my car bluetooth and then turn it back on when I am in the vicinity of home using my gps. And there is many other possibilities.

View original

Thanks I got trigger to work and it works wonderfully but I wasn't talking about using bluetooth but using Moto Assist and how it can detect when your in a car and then automatically turn off wifi. 

I would also like it if the headphone jack could be placed on the bottom instead of the top because whenever I use my headphone I have to place my phone so that the headphone jack faces out side and it is really annoying. 

Options

1043 Posts

04-27-2011

US

169 Signins

2764 Page Views

• Views: 2764
  • Message 4 of 64

2015-01-26, 15:16 PM
Dual front facing stereo speakers.
Options

158 Posts

07-08-2014

Canada

3 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 5 of 64

2015-01-26, 18:16 PM

Since this is a pure wishlist...

Keep the headphone jack where it is.  I use a desk dock that would block the bottom and I sometimes plug in external speakers. Unless the charging port moves back to the side. Or wireless charging, which I list below, then you can put the headphone plug wherever.

5" screen and reduce the body size closer to the first gen.  

I'm happy with 1080p, but brighter higher-contrast screen (it should have a newer-generation AMOLED)

One set of global bands like iPhone and mostly Nexus 6

micro SD (Google is out, so this should be a possibility)

No 16 GB model, start at 32

Wireless charging

Waterproof

A slider keyboard model as a MotoMaker option - the Moto X is my work phone, and replaced a blackberry.  I had a Photon Q at one time, best keyboard ever on a phone.

Recognition of external headphone volume controls

They will have to introduce some more new back materials, perhaps grip-tape?  Thinkpad rubberized black (since Lenovo is now in the mix)? titanium? silk? beach sand? wool?  customer-supplied photograph? The ones to follow wood and leather are not quite so obvious. 

Somebody will ask for a better camera, that is fine too.  I'll still carry a DSLR.

48-hour battery

Not more than a 2 mm increase in thickness (except the slider option, that could add another 2 mm).

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that should be a good start.

Oh, and since this is a pure wishlist - price it like a Moto G!

Options

6 Posts

12-21-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 64

2015-01-26, 19:07 PM

Camera , camera .... need better camera. 

Options

42 Posts

11-24-2014

IT

39 Signins

434 Page Views

• Views: 434
  • Message 7 of 64

2015-02-13, 10:28 AM
The most importan thing is a SD card, then a new processor because usually motorola uses the one of previous year. I read about Qualcomm.. It will be amazing
Options

329 Posts

06-02-2010

United States

16 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 8 of 64

2015-02-13, 13:43 PM

Wireless charging is awfully slow. I love the quick charge tech built into my current Moto X. I wish my Nexus tablet had the same capability. Here's a good article praising quick charge technology.

The next X doesn't need to be bigger, just better, and imho that means bigger battery and better camera (and maybe stereo speakers?)

Options

4 Posts

02-03-2015

Brazil

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 9 of 64

2015-02-13, 17:29 PM

IMO, answering by voice without touching your Moto X to a phone call or SMS should not be dependent on whether you are at home or in car. Making a call or SMS is now independent from location but answering is not. Where's the logic in this? You should be able to choose between an automatic location recognition or manual one. If you are at home or in car you would just tap the house or road icon from Moto Assist manually and your phone knows where you are. That's the way I'd like to have it. :-) Why? Because while I'm at home now but GPS thinks I'm 65 metres away from my home and thus Assist assumes I'm not at home and doesn't allow me to answer by voice only. Today GPS sees my location correctly and everything works fine and the next day it doesn't. This very annoying!

Options

1 Posts

03-01-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 64

2015-03-01, 23:53 PM

I owned a Moto X (2nd Gen) and I'm super happy with it. I consider it the smartest phone of the world! But nonetheless it's not perfect.. What I think its most significantly : BETTER CAMERA (back and front), BETTER BATTERY(not so important if you have Motorola Turbo Charger), FRONT STEREO SPEAKERS, HIGHER STORAGE CAPACITY WITH MicroSD SLOT.. Maybe a better screen and an updated processor (SD 810?).. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete