01-30-2013

United States

6 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 11 of 64

Re: Moto X 3rd Generation

2015-03-02, 18:26 PM
I think what the moto x 3rd gen needs are four things.

The camera is fine and seems to be comparing to LG g3. Which I own with the expection of low light as i question it at times.

Moto 3rd gen need this to compete:
1)Snapdragon's 810
2)Front face stereo audio.
3)Big battery.
4)32,64 and 128 GB internal to start. Not bring 128 GB late like they did twice with 64 gb on the moto x 1st gen and slightly early on 2nd gen with an delay of 3 month on the current x.

Anything on moto x 2nd gen was address in the 2014 model.
Options

1 Posts

03-13-2015

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 64

2015-03-13, 13:38 PM

I unfortunately don't have any Moto X, but in my opinion it is the best phone so I will make some suggestions that I think is useful, possible and won't became a US$1000 phone. (because then I won't ever have money to buy it =P )

Design: In my opinion the size is great and don't need changes (I just held it in my hand once so my opinion about it isn't a reference to take), the design is awesome and just need to update little things to look better like iPhone does.

Autonomy: Improving the battery life and add free turbo charger to moto x will be great.

Motorola assist: Save all locations of known WiFi with internet connection networks on GPS, then if I'm home or another place that I have a network, the 4G automatically turns off, and when I lose internet connection or go away from the network the 4G automatically turns on and WiFi turns off until the phone is near again to a known WiFi network. Obviously the 4G just can turns off after the connection with WiFi is perfectly working.

I think on a near future the Touch ID will be a real need on smartphones, it opens so many options and give so many facilities that motorola need to think in how to update it on moto x. I think that a moto logo with Touch ID on back would be awesome! LG putted the buttons on back and people bought... On my opinion it's bad, but the Touch ID would be great.

Secure Mode: I know tha there on US you live great, but here on Brazil the violence grows each day (last year I was attacked at streets) and if whenever I finally have enough money to buy a moto x, I won't be happy seeing it being taken away by a burglar. So mi idea to secure mode is to create a enabling the secure mode option and the owner will have the responsibility to enable and disable it (for accidental activating, or it's not enabled when he needs). At the moment of the attack if it's enabled he'll just need to do something EASY to activate (like pressing 2 times the standby button) and then Secure mode is activated! But what is secure mode? when it's activated, every thing on the phone turns off except the 4G (because with it turned on I can locate it on android device manager) and the buttons can't be disabed too, if I press any button the screen must shows a message of secure mode is activated. With secure mode activated I can't use nothing on my phone, even the USB connection must be turned off and just can be used for charging, the phone can't be turned off, and it keeps on until battery dies, and if battery dies and I plug it to charge after the phone still on secure mode. With this option i can remotely know where my phone is, the police can get the burglar and I will have my lovely phone back. And then it needs a way to come back to normal and I think in 2 options Touch ID obviously is my favorite and if the cellphone doesn't have yet, at the screen must show an option to to the owner insert a password previously add when he was setting his secure mode. This is just an idea that I think isn't so much useful there on US, but here I would just love feeling a little more secure and adding hope to help the police to find those people.

Stereo front speakers.

Other hardware updates like better camera because it's inferior comparing to others devices.

I don't know if government allows, but would be very great moto maker delivering to Brazil.

Sorry for all my English mistakes.

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

US

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 13 of 64

2015-03-14, 7:55 AM

marc3loliv said:

I unfortunately don't have any Moto X, but in my opinion it is the best phone so I will make some suggestions that I think is useful, possible and won't became a US$1000 phone. (because then I won't ever have money to buy it =P )

Design: In my opinion the size is great and don't need changes (I just held it in my hand once so my opinion about it isn't a reference to take), the design is awesome and just need to update little things to look better like iPhone does.

Autonomy: Improving the battery life and add free turbo charger to moto x will be great.

Motorola assist: Save all locations of known WiFi with internet connection networks on GPS, then if I'm home or another place that I have a network, the 4G automatically turns off, and when I lose internet connection or go away from the network the 4G automatically turns on and WiFi turns off until the phone is near again to a known WiFi network. Obviously the 4G just can turns off after the connection with WiFi is perfectly working.

I think on a near future the Touch ID will be a real need on smartphones, it opens so many options and give so many facilities that motorola need to think in how to update it on moto x. I think that a moto logo with Touch ID on back would be awesome! LG putted the buttons on back and people bought... On my opinion it's bad, but the Touch ID would be great.

Secure Mode: I know tha there on US you live great, but here on Brazil the violence grows each day (last year I was attacked at streets) and if whenever I finally have enough money to buy a moto x, I won't be happy seeing it being taken away by a burglar. So mi idea to secure mode is to create a enabling the secure mode option and the owner will have the responsibility to enable and disable it (for accidental activating, or it's not enabled when he needs). At the moment of the attack if it's enabled he'll just need to do something EASY to activate (like pressing 2 times the standby button) and then Secure mode is activated! But what is secure mode? when it's activated, every thing on the phone turns off except the 4G (because with it turned on I can locate it on android device manager) and the buttons can't be disabed too, if I press any button the screen must shows a message of secure mode is activated. With secure mode activated I can't use nothing on my phone, even the USB connection must be turned off and just can be used for charging, the phone can't be turned off, and it keeps on until battery dies, and if battery dies and I plug it to charge after the phone still on secure mode. With this option i can remotely know where my phone is, the police can get the burglar and I will have my lovely phone back. And then it needs a way to come back to normal and I think in 2 options Touch ID obviously is my favorite and if the cellphone doesn't have yet, at the screen must show an option to to the owner insert a password previously add when he was setting his secure mode. This is just an idea that I think isn't so much useful there on US, but here I would just love feeling a little more secure and adding hope to help the police to find those people.

Stereo front speakers.

Other hardware updates like better camera because it's inferior comparing to others devices.

I don't know if government allows, but would be very great moto maker delivering to Brazil.

Sorry for all my English mistakes.

View original

Android 5.1 is bringing anti-theft protection to our phones! Check this article for details. It doesn't list all your wishes, but does an excellent job of protecting your phone's data and makes the phone useless to anyone but the original owner. Things are looking up!

And your English is great. Don't be sorry.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

3 Posts

03-21-2015

Germany

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 64

2015-03-21, 12:36 PM

Certainly, I would opt for a better battery.  Offline voice recognition for making calls, texting, turning it off, shut down screen, activating bluetooth wifi or even plane mode.  Most of the phone functions should be possible to be done by voice.

Options

61 Posts

09-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 64

2015-03-22, 1:59 AM

Here's my wishlist:

• 5" display with very thin bezels (to bring the size closer to the OG Moto X).

• NO 16GB OPTION! I had 32GB with my iPhone 3GS. There's no reason we should have to pay a premium for what I had 6 years ago! Make 32GB the smallest option and 64GB a reasonable upgrade (cheaper than the current 32GB upgrade). Let's be sensible...

• Stereo front-facing speakers. Your flagship should at least have all the features of the lower tiers (cough, Moto G, cough).

• Ship with the Turbo-Charger, not as an absurdly priced option.

• Current-Gen display, not samsung's leavings.

• GLOBAL BANDS ON THE FLIPPIN' PURE VERSION!

• Non-slip coating on the wood backing. You couldn't make the current ebony back more slippery if you dipped it in KY.

• I'm not asking for an earth-shattering camera. Just... try a little harder? The low-light capabilities of this phone are atrocious. It looks good if you're outside in the middle of the day with zero cloud coverage in the summer, but most of my pictures are indoors.

• Slightly better battery life.

• BRING BACK SKIP DOTS! I stuck those on the back of my car mount to keep the phone from going to sleep (which is great when you don't feel like trying to poke your passphrase into the phone while driving 75mph down the toll road).

• Bring back the Fort Worth factory. I almost didn't buy the original Moto X, but that did push me to buy it in the end.

I'm not overly concerned with thickness, but stability in hand is important. The Moto X was a dream to hold despite being thicker than many other phones. However, the current one feels great when you're holding it to your face, but it can be downright terrifying trying to type one handed if you're standing over anything but carpet. I'm not in a hurry to use my protection plan.

Options

1 Posts

03-23-2015

Finland

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 64

2015-03-23, 4:35 AM

There are two things I would like to see in a 3rd gen Moto X

The 1st is a micro sd card slot, otherwise drop the 16gb version and make the 32gb version the entry level. Once Android is installed there is only 8gb of free hd space. For a phone that can shoot 4k video and high res pics that is nothing.

The second is put more room between the power button and the volume button. I constantly turn the screen off when trying to adjust the volume because they are too close together. 

Can I also ask that Moto create a tablet with all of the Moto features built in? I have been a die hard Apple user for years but the Moto X got me to sell my iPhone. I would gladly sell my iPad and buy a Moto tablet if it has all of the Moto features the Moto X has. 

Options

3 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 64

2015-03-23, 16:48 PM
Stereo speakers and bigger battery, that's all!
Options

9 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 18 of 64

2015-03-23, 19:19 PM

Hello, I have Moto X 2nd

Retail Brazil.

want to join soak update,

my version is 5.0

Options

3 Posts

03-21-2015

Germany

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 64

2015-03-23, 22:46 PM
Everyone wants that hehe
Options

61 Posts

09-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 64

2015-03-24, 1:11 AM
Why are people asking to be in the soak on random threads? Please stick to the topic, and if you want to test then just sign up like everyone else.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete