09-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 64

Re: Moto X 3rd Generation

2015-03-26, 18:14 PM

Looks like the Motorola CEO is on Twitter to Crush Dreams... I mean answer questions.

https://twitter.com/rosterloh/status/580859315986296832

. we're heard that a lot. its not our current plan to do smaller sizes - something for us to think about - thanks!

This all but confirms the 3rd Generation will not be any smaller, and some news sites are predicting it might get bigger. I for one will NOT buy it if it gets bigger. You have to put your foot down somewhere, and this is it for me. 

Options

1485 Posts

08-11-2013

US

694 Signins

8363 Page Views

• Views: 8363
  • Message 32 of 64

2015-03-26, 20:59 PM

Lots of inspired suggestions on here, some of which I would definitely favor, but I'm going to buck the trend and probably be firmly in the minority when I say, "Yes, I want a BIGGER screen." Sounds crazy to some, but I'm actually thinking of the Nexus 6 just for the bump in screen size. I realize it's a bit like carrying around a salad plate, but I really do want the extra screen real estate for viewability and usefulness and I'm willing to compromise on the idea of always being able to use it one-handed. Still, I rather doubt I'll get my wish as it might not appeal to enough people.

Options

59 Posts

09-09-2014

Argentina

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 33 of 64

2015-03-26, 21:44 PM

Phone should be physically smaller (length of less than 135 mm if possible) so that it will fit in front pockets of jeans and not protrude due to excessive size.  The screen size could drop to 5.0" if needed (but shrinking bezels is the preferred way to shrink physical size).

Battery should have more capacity (50% more usable and standby time than the X2)

Verizon should NOT be allowed to release it without VoLTE working on it at launch unless you go with an SVLTE architecture like the original X.  It is inexcusable that the X2 still has no simultaneous voice and data at 6 months into its life. 

Options

61 Posts

09-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 34 of 64

2015-03-26, 23:50 PM

RevLauren said:

Lots of inspired suggestions on here, some of which I would definitely favor, but I'm going to buck the trend and probably be firmly in the minority when I say, "Yes, I want a BIGGER screen." Sounds crazy to some, but I'm actually thinking of the Nexus 6 just for the bump in screen size. I realize it's a bit like carrying around a salad plate, but I really do want the extra screen real estate for viewability and usefulness and I'm willing to compromise on the idea of always being able to use it one-handed. Still, I rather doubt I'll get my wish as it might not appeal to enough people.

View original

Why not let the Nexus 6 hold down the large screen option and give others the option of a Flagship that doesn't require large hands or two-handed operation?

Options

22 Posts

10-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 35 of 64

2015-03-30, 16:04 PM

I'm going to be blunt. If it has a locked bootloader and I can't root it - I'm not interested. No root - the phone doesn't exist. It's dead to me. It's invisible.

Having said that - you might consider a mini version. I'm not into the huge screen phones and would like something in the 4.4 to 4.7 inch range.

Options

22 Posts

10-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 36 of 64

2015-03-30, 16:06 PM

Also - how about an infrared LED on it so I can use it as a TV/Cable remote control?

Options

420 Posts

08-23-2013

US

427 Signins

3588 Page Views

• Views: 3588
  • Message 37 of 64

2015-03-30, 19:00 PM

RevLauren said:

View original

I'd go as far as somewhere between the X2 and the NX6 in size but what I would dearly love to see a Developer's edition as carrier agnostic as the Nx6 with a 64 GB or higher memory and possibly an increase in battery capacity.

My "pipe dream" is probably even less likely as yours - but this is my turn at the wishing well wink

I'm baaaaaaaaack!
Options

14 Posts

11-17-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 38 of 64

2015-03-31, 16:26 PM

Improvements:

* Battery.

* Camera performance (including camera2 api).

Everything else would be a plus (or a marketing stunt) for me. The phone is only lacking those two points to be perfect, in my opinion.

Options

19 Posts

12-04-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 64

2015-03-31, 16:50 PM

More battery

Im good with the size.  But a bigger and smaller option would be OK also

Qi charging is a must.  I get sad when I look at my Nexus 5 wirelessly charging and my Moto plugged in.

More more battery.

Stereo speakers.

Better camera image performance, not just megapixels.

FIX the Moto Voice / Assist in car performance through bluetooth.  This feature was amazing in the 2013 version.  It is pretty much unusable on 2014.  And I have used it with a Kia and VW in-car system.  Trashed.  It makes me so sad.

More more more battery.

Options

6 Posts

03-31-2015

Colombia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 64

2015-03-31, 20:25 PM

Improve Voice Call Quality with better antenna design and performance, and better signal processing and discrimination features:

a. No Phone Mfgr or Service Provider, or Reviewing Website even considers voice quality anymore and there is no effective way to compare cell service providers and cell phones for this feature - voice calling was the original reason to have a phone.

b. Owners concerned with Social Media, Entertainment, and Gaming don't seem to care about voice quality so they complain about "cheap plastic" covers when metal interferes with the built-in antennas.

c. Millions of phone owners everywhere deal with physical disruption of voice quality signals due to shadowing behind buildings and hills which usually causes a slow degrade to disconnection, while millions more in coastal cities around the world deal with multipath interference over water where, depending on the tide level and amount of wind wave back-scatter, the reflected-path signal sometimes arrives 180 deg out of phase with the direct path signal resulting in reception bars fluctuating from 5 to 0 to 5 bars, back and forth - the signal is immediately interrupted and/or lost entirely despite the fact that the towers are clearly visible across the water - an unacceptable situation in an emergency.

d. I'm guessing that some processing algorithm could be developed and employed which samples call signal quality and automatically transfers calls from a weak tower to a stronger tower and hands off between registered home/office Wi-Fi and Vehicle Bluetooth, etc. I'm sure this will be a battery hog, so perhaps such a feature can be selectively disabled as is the case with mobile data and Wi-Fi.... or Off by default and On selectable for emergency calls.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete