09-17-2014

Netherlands

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 12

Order Status Nightmare

2014-09-25, 21:43 PM

Hello, the past few days have been a nightmare with Motorola Support and Order Status and I'd like to get some sort of understanding on just what is going on.

I ordered a Moto X 2nd Gen with white front, cognac leather back and silver trim approximately around 11:45am CT on Sept. 16th which was when Moto Maker finally was stable enough to sneak an order in. My estimate delivery date was labeled and still is labeled as Sept. 26, 2014.

All was well when I received an email from Motorola telling me my phone was being assembled. Even better that it was being assembled in Fort Worth, Texas because I live only 30 minutes away from that area.

Flash forward almost 6 days later, I have heard nothing regarding any shipment information or even if the shipment is being delayed. Constantly being teased by the Sept. 26 estimated delivery date that looks less and less likely each passing minute. 

I've seen nothing but assurance that phones with this date would be delivered on that date or before and have grown concerned with my order status and what's going on. After multiple attempts at contacting customer service through phone and chat, and getting told the same thing "We will escalate and someone will get back to you in 24 hours via email" I've yet to get any answer and certainly no emails from anyone regarding my order.

There are people now that have ordered days after me that are receiving phones with similar customizations and yet I can't even get a straight answer as to what's going on with my order from anyone. Also, to add insult to injury, I'm browsing PhoneArena, and it seems someone at Motorola has told them that phones with white fronts through Moto Maker are being delayed up to 4 weeks?  Why was this knowledge not shared to customers? Or appearantly to customer service? 

http://www.phonearena.com/news/White-front-Moto-X-on-4-week-delay-through-Moto-Maker_id61071

I'm not trying to be whiny or bitchy, but as a first time customer of any Motorola phone, and someone who is a fan of their products and hopefully a customer? I feel let down by the entire process and it has greatly soured my feelings toward how inept Motorola is at getting things done for their customers in a fair and practical way. I was assured I'd have this phone by Friday and yet here I am, with a order that still states that my order hasn't even been shipped yet while I see others who have bought phones at different dates than me getting it even earlier than mine was even predicted to come and I can't get a clear answer from anyone and it's very concerning.....

Solved! See the solution
Options

39 Posts

09-16-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Re: Order Status Nightmare

2014-09-25, 22:09 PM

All I can tell you is welcome to the club no one wants to join. Feel fortunate if you get your phone this month, some of us will be half way to Halloween.

Options

16 Posts

09-21-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2014-09-25, 22:28 PM

If you go to Moto Maker, you will see the white face is a 4 week backorder.   I have a black face.   I ordered mine on the 20th, received the "We're building it!" email on the 22nd.  I call them every day.  It's the same response. 

"Your order has been escalated and you should receive it on October 14th".    

Options

47 Posts

09-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2014-09-26, 11:29 AM

I had similar experience.  I received the same "We're assembling..."  email several days ago.  I called on Sep 24th and cust service told me that indeed my phone would ship on the 25th for delivery the 29th.  I then got a call on the 25th at 8pm from someone telling me that there was an issue at the distribution center and my phone would not ship for at least 2 weeks.  After I listened to the voice-mail, I called customer service.  The person I spoke to still had the original Sept 29th delivery in his system.  He is supposed to call me back today to give me a verified update.  Being that I ordered a white face, I  am pretty sure I the delay is true.  What bugs me is why in the world would the send an email saying "We're assembling..."  I was not expecting to receive an email like this and now that I have, and have also been told wrong info about order status 2 times by customer service, I have no reason to ever believe what they say anymore.   I am having the same issue trying to verify actual phone specs in another thread on this forum.  What in the world is going on over there?   

Options

19383 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2394 Signins

59483 Page Views

• Views: 59483
  • Message 5 of 12

2014-09-26, 14:10 PM

Issue noted. The email is somewhat misleading and we've discussed it, as it doesn't align with delivery dates.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

16 Posts

09-21-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2014-09-26, 14:17 PM
A simple email or order status update stating "Due to unexpected popularity, there is a delay in assembling your Moto X.” would have been nice.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

09-17-2014

Netherlands

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2014-09-26, 14:19 PM

I understand the "We're assembling it" emails don't align with delivery dates, but there has been no communication to me (the customer) on what is going on with the order. The customer service I have spoken too is clueless as well. 

The underlying problem, is that like many others, I work late into the day. I need to know when my packages ship so that I can safely and securely gather my items. Motorola has given me a delivery date of Sept. 26 and has not changed this date. Yet here I am on Sept. 26th and I know no more about my delivery than when I ordered the phone and paid my money 10 days ago.

I would be happy if someone just owned up and let me know what is going on and when I can reasonably expect my phone. At this point, I'm very frustrated as I'm seeing others receive phones before me who ordered days after me, even with white fronts! It's become an issue and as a customer, I'd like an explanation rather than a customer service rep regurgitating lines about escalating my order to someone who obviously has yet to contact me. 

I'm not one to ask for free handouts, as I know how hard it is for companies to get through big launches, but this is ridiculous customer service wise and I'd like for someone to step up and talk to me and let me know what's going on and offer some form of customer service that I have as to this day, yet to receive in a proper manner. 

Options

1 Posts

09-26-2014

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2014-09-26, 14:28 PM

No nightmare here... Mine was shipped yesterday for Monday delivery. White, 32g, slate, lemon lime :-). Good luck!

Options

47 Posts

09-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2014-09-26, 14:30 PM

Madjmonkee -

Can you please tell me when you ordered your phone.  I ordered mine about an hour or so after the site opened. 

Options

39 Posts

09-16-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2014-09-26, 14:38 PM

ewharper74 said:

A simple email or order status update stating "Due to unexpected popularity, there is a delay in assembling your Moto X.” would have been nice.View original

Or any kind of communication at all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete