03-26-2013

US

273 Signins

3025 Page Views

• Views: 3025
  • Message 1 of 5

moto x moto voice

2015-04-17, 16:23 PM

Figured I would throw this info out there.  Ive noticed that when my phone updates the google search app it breaks moto voice.  Ive seen this happen a few times now.  Moto voice works just fine until I get a app update for the google app (blue icon with a g in it).  Once the update is finished moto voice gets disabled and the ok google phrase starts working, which was disabled before because I was using moto voice.  A reboot seems to fix it.  Thought I would share being ive seen people complain that moto voice stops working after some time and this is more than likely the reason.

Options

2733 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: moto x moto voice

2015-04-18, 17:30 PM

Very good catch! I can confirm this as I also had the app updated yesterday and had the same problem. I know for a fact that it worked a few days ago as I had to get it to work again (now I know that it has probably been after the previous update that it stopped working). However, plain reboot doesn't work. I had to relaunch the "Moto" app to get the functionality back.

Options

94 Posts

12-23-2011

US

17 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 3 of 5

2015-04-23, 2:33 AM
Mine wasn't working for the longest time. Turning it back on just locked up the phone. Finally I cleared the data and it works OK now.

Quick capture is so hit or miss I don't waste the time- by the time I try and fail twice I could've just manually opened the camera so by nature I've just stopped using it. Same with moto voice. Shame.
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

US

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 4 of 5

2015-04-23, 4:45 AM

jstotter said:

Mine wasn't working for the longest time. Turning it back on just locked up the phone. Finally I cleared the data and it works OK now. Quick capture is so hit or miss I don't waste the time- by the time I try and fail twice I could've just manually opened the camera so by nature I've just stopped using it. Same with moto voice. Shame.View original

I used quick capture all the time. When I got my Nexus 6, I found myself twisting the N6 all the time. When I was using it, I found I could get it to work 95% of the time, but that was only with my right hand. I had about a 1% success rate with my left hand. 

I think that it is one of those features that you need to figure out how to make it work and then stick with it. After practicing it for about 5 minutes I was able to get a good success rate going and never looked back. It became habit. 

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

94 Posts

12-23-2011

US

17 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 5 of 5

2015-04-23, 6:28 AM
I don't have any trouble activating it, it's just buggy. For example use quick capture to open camera, now swipe to the gallery, now let the screen time out and lock. Now try quick capture again- nothing, it seems to be disabled. In fact if you switch to any app after unlocking with quick capture, then time out, quick capture seems to be disabled. They did finally fix the issue where swiping to gallery after quick capture invoked the lock screen. That was infuriating.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete