Motorola Community

Unlockable PhonesMOTO X™ (DEVELOPER EDITION)
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

07-09-2015

US

75 Signins

391 Page Views

• Views: 391
  • Message 1 of 3

Re: Moto X gen 1 DE - need some help updating from 4.4.2

2017-08-31, 13:47 PM

Hi - this phone was legally rooted through motorola with the blessing of Verizon, for whom the phone was made.  That's why it was called a developer edition phone.   It was the one time this was allowed by Verizon, and it only lasted about a year before the next edition of the phone was locked down again.   Since this is what the phone was designed for from the beginning, why is that question off limits here?

Thanks,

dmm1

Options

28304 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 3

2017-08-31, 14:19 PM

wrote:

Hi - this phone was legally rooted through motorola with the blessing of Verizon, for whom the phone was made.  That's why it was called a developer edition phone.   It was the one time this was allowed by Verizon, and it only lasted about a year before the next edition of the phone was locked down again.   Since this is what the phone was designed for from the beginning, why is that question off limits here?

Thanks,

dmm1

You rooted it. It wasn't rooted through Motorola or with the blessing of Verizon - they just sold you a phone that had no restrictions. That is different then something being blessed or supported. 

You can do what you want with the phone... but we don't allow talk of rooting and flashing in the regular forums. 

I moved your post to the X Developer forums - these questions are allowed here. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

23 Posts

07-09-2015

US

75 Signins

391 Page Views

• Views: 391
  • Message 3 of 3

2017-09-08, 12:29 PM

I really don't know what your problem is.  

I bought the phone from Motorola, got the code to root the phone from the Motorola site, along with instructions on how to proceed to root the phone.  So, no, no motorola tech touched my phone, but there is nothing inaccurate about my statement that it was rooted through Motorola.  I had to go through their website to root it.   It was a Verizon phone, it wasn't like I could use it anywhere else, so yes, Verizon approved.  Just like they disapprove of rooting any other phone.  And if I had a problem with it it would have been repaired under their warranty, knowing full well it was rooted.  

I'm just trying to get my phone updated.  I thought that was what these forums were for.  I'm happy to accept that you don't discuss the r word here, but don't try to portray me as doing something illegal to my phone outside of the Manufacturer's approval.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete