Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didibonoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,267
Message 1 of 6

Moto X 1st Gen Stuck on Motorola Logo Screen

My Moto X 1st generation phone automatically updated its software from Lollipop to Marshmallow, and now when I try turning on my phone, it is stuck in boot mode and won't start up.  I contacted Motorola support via chat, and the woman instructed me to perform a "wipe cache partition."  After doing so, my phone was still stuck in boot mode and wouldn't start up.  She then instructed me to perform a "wipe data/factory reset," but I know that is going to erase everything on my phone.  Is there a way to get my phone to boot up without losing all my phone data, such as important texts and pictures?  With all the options in the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" and the "Android System Recovery" screen, there must be something I can do before actually performing a factory reset.  Is anyone familiar with this issue and know of a possible solution?  If not, does anyone know of any Motorola developers or programmers who can assist me with this issue?

LuisF
Punch Card
Views: 1,249
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto X 1st Gen Stuck on Motorola Logo Screen

Sorry, I don't know any Motorola programm that can help you Smiley Sad
Unfortunately, afak, the best way to solve this issue is doing a factory reset.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,245
Message 3 of 6

@didibonoo wrote:

My Moto X 1st generation phone automatically updated its software from Lollipop to Marshmallow, and now when I try turning on my phone, it is stuck in boot mode and won't start up.  I contacted Motorola support via chat, and the woman instructed me to perform a "wipe cache partition."  After doing so, my phone was still stuck in boot mode and wouldn't start up.  She then instructed me to perform a "wipe data/factory reset," but I know that is going to erase everything on my phone.  Is there a way to get my phone to boot up without losing all my phone data, such as important texts and pictures?  With all the options in the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" and the "Android System Recovery" screen, there must be something I can do before actually performing a factory reset.  Is anyone familiar with this issue and know of a possible solution?  If not, does anyone know of any Motorola developers or programmers who can assist me with this issue?

The only options are clear cache or reset at this point. 

Why did you just get a major update now? The 1st gen X has not been updated in a few years. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
didibonoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,224
Message 4 of 6

You're right. I didn't just get the major update now. It's been awhile since this happened, and I've been using a replacement phone in the interim while I try to find someone who is able to help me get my phone to start up so I can transfer all my phone data to my current phone. I'm looking for a true techie who is an expert in the inner workings of this phone.
Archana03
What's DOS?
Views: 1,164
Message 5 of 6

Hi, 

Even i am facing the same issue with my Moto X when i tired to factory reset.

when i chose the option "reboot system now"(after erasing cache, factory reset) , i get the white screen with Moto logo and its stuck with the same screen for more than 4 hrs and its the same everytime i try to reset it.

Could someone please guide me through it or has a solution for it.

Emma15
What's DOS?
Views: 306
Message 6 of 6

Could you solve your problem? I'm just in the same situation and it hurts me to know that I may have already lost all my photos Smiley Sad